I don't know why?

Devil Fan

So, beating the Panthers seem to upset a lot of non-panthers fans because I have seen many negative comments that the Devils will be brutally spanked by the Flyers. What exactly did we do that draws so much hatred? We re not the Leafs, not the Canucks or Flyers' fans or arrogant Rags or Pens but still receiving harsh words across the league?

So, beating the Panthers seem to upset a lot of non-panthers fans because I have seen many negative comments that the Devils will be brutally spanked by the Flyers. What exactly did we do that draws so much hatred? We re not the Leafs, not the Canucks or Flyers' fans or arrogant Rags or Pens but still receiving harsh words across the league?

Haters-gonna-hate_4.jpg

• Like 2

I'd say some combination of the general misguided belief held by fans of other teams that the Devils still play the Neutral Zone Trap and the fact that a majority of people that weren't Devils fans were rooting for Florida as the Cinderella team of the playoffs.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

If regular season counts? We have a chance against the flyers if we play full 60 and good D as well as Marty.

I doubt we'll see high scores like them versus Pitt. I mean Vancouver dropped in 5 games because of goal tending and D. They have better Offense then LA easy. Just need play the full game strongly and we'll put up a fight non the less:)

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

it's ignorance on the part of fans from elsewhere in the league that we still play "boring" hockey and since we don't score like 5 goals/game and put up huge stats, that we are second-class.

phvck philly, and their fans.

Honestly we played some boring hockey in this series. We rarely played 60 minutes. We lost leads. We allowed soft goals. We weren't tough and hard hitting. Fla was the comeback kid. They scored three goals last night in regulation one wasn't allowed when we pushed the Fla player into Marty so it was waved off. Who won? We did through a bad call, IMO. Give Fla a lot of credit taking this to a double elimination OT in game 7. Be honest we are not that good, just lucky, we are not a powerhouse.

The Devils are a team that very few people root for, and they've been pretty damned succesful the last 20 years. No one wants to see some team no one roots for win anything, so they actively root against us. Far better either a big market team, a Canadian team, or worst comes to worst an O6 team win over a team with a smallish fan base.

Edited by jim777

It be great if you showed any proof of this. But if people think the Devils are going to get spanked...that's fine by me. The Devils were taken to the limit by a team no one expected much from. This team also looks really banged up, and their best player is at best at 50%.

The Flyers on the other hand look unbeatable right now after an excellent 1st round series that also has them rested. They are the talk of the league after an entertaining series where Giroux came out of it being declared "the best player in the NHL" The Devils just came out of a series that no one watched or probably paid attention to until game 7 after the Rangers-Sens game ended.

I don't think anyone is against NJ. The Flyers had an amazing series that left everyone impressed while no one was left impressed with NJ squeaking out a double OT game 7 victory against the Panthers.