We are officially underdogs

msweet

What's the big deal? An unbiased fan would pick the Flyers over us, even some Devil fans.

-Flyers rolled over the Penguins who were picked by many time go to the Finals, if not win the whole thing

-Our boys beat a mediocre Florida team in 7 games

-Our best player is playing hurt

-We have arguably the worst defensive team left in the playoffs

-Marty has not been good against the Flyers in the last couple of years(including 2010 playoffs)

-Our PK has been a total abortion these playoffs, and our PP hasn't been that much better

-Too many times this team sits back and plays not to lose instead of playing to win; the Flyers are the opposite.

Although I'm hopeful the Caps can do it I'm pretty certain the Rags will advance to the ECF. I'm more concerned about the Rags getting to the SCF than the Devils getting to the ECF so I'm not bothered by a Flyers series win.

Ignoring the fact this atitude is what feeds into the stereotype that Devil fans care more about the Rangers than their own team, the Flyers are the Rangers **tches even more than we are these days. I'm pretty sure they got swept in the season series, or lost at least five of the six games.

Although I'm hopeful the Caps can do it I'm pretty certain the Rags will advance to the ECF. I'm more concerned about the Rags getting to the SCF than the Devils getting to the ECF so I'm not bothered by a Flyers series win.

This is the exact BS I'm talking about - how can some portions of the fanbase be so insecure that the failure of another team is more important than the success of their own? :whistling:

I wouldn't. I hate the Flyers more. Their fans are animals, and their Broad Street Bullies crap is ridiculous. I at least like Callahan, Girardi and Rupp, and a bunch of the Rags i couldn't stand are gone now.

Ignoring the fact this atitude is what feeds into the stereotype that Devil fans care more about the Rangers than their own team, the Flyers are the Rangers **tches even more than we are these days. I'm pretty sure they got swept in the season series, or lost at least five of the six games.

Yeah, the Rangers dominated them this year. It was a joke, worse than when they owned us in 2008.

I wouldn't. I hate the Flyers more. Their fans are animals, and their Broad Street Bullies crap is ridiculous. I at least like Callahan, Girardi and Rupp, and a bunch of the Rags i couldn't stand are gone now.

Yeah that's the joke of it, Ranger fans are a lot more numerous than Flyer fans around here - and the news coverage of it would be amplified as well - but the Rangers as individuals are much more tolerable than the Flyers. Torts is a wanker, but so's Laviolette (and I respect Torts somehow coming up with an airtight defensive system without elite defensemen).

The main thing I'd hate about the Rangers winning is their upper hierarchy's smug and arrogant (confetti from the stands after 'every' home playoff win, really?), and Dolan would be vindicated for bringing up the Cup in January.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah that's the joke of it, Ranger fans are a lot more numerous than Flyer fans around here - and the news coverage of it would be amplified as well - but the Rangers as individuals are much more tolerable than the Flyers. Torts is a wanker, but so's Laviolette (and I respect Torts somehow coming up with an airtight defensive system without elite defensemen).

The main thing I'd hate about the Rangers winning is their upper hierarchy's smug and arrogant (confetti from the stands after 'every' home playoff win, really?), and Dolan would be vindicated for bringing up the Cup in January.

I gained a lot of respect for Torts after 24/7. What he does for that disabled kid is incredible. It was great to see.

Edited by Zubie#8

This is the exact BS I'm talking about - how can some portions of the fanbase be so insecure that the failure of another team is more important than the success of their own? :whistling:

Because us beating the Flyers and then moving on to beat the Rangers is "pie in the sky" as far as I'm concerned. I'm assuming, as it stands now, that the odds are a Rags/Flyers ECF. If either team gets to the SCF I'm naturally rooting for a team from the WC.

BTW, likeing Callahan is beyond me. Watching the Rags this year I see why they got rid of Sean Avery. You don't need him when you've got a more talented version in Ryan Callahan.

What's the big deal? An unbiased fan would pick the Flyers over us, even some Devil fans.

-Flyers rolled over the Penguins who were picked by many time go to the Finals, if not win the whole thing

-Marty has not been good against the Flyers in the last couple of years(including 2010 playoffs)

-Our PK has been a total abortion these playoffs, and our PP hasn't been that much better

-Too many times this team sits back and plays not to lose instead of playing to win; the Flyers are the opposite.

This.

We are playing as the underdogs but that's cool with me. Go out there with nothing to lose.

right on... exactly right...great post

Burnside now trying to say the Devils have NOW been discovered to be pretty decent lol

http://espn.go.com/nhl/conversations/_/id/7880554/time-take-notice-new-jersey-devils

One of the comments on there sums this up perfectly.

Scroungin

"It has been easy to be dismissive of the New Jersey Devils this spring for my entire career at ESPN..."

- Scott Burnside

8 fans like this.

3 Hours Ago

Edited by TheMazz

• 3 weeks later...