GDT- Eastern Conference Semifinals. Game 1 New Jersey @ Philadelphia

Derlique

Hey guys we lost by one goal in overtime.

This is not an indication of being overmatched.

Being outshot 30-11 or whatever it was (after the first period) and looking almost helpless for much of the OT period is.

The score was very misleading.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Great effort, but fantastic discipline.. Almost won so hopefully we get the bounce next game and win

I have to agree with you Colin. I have been following this team from day one. I love them when they win and love them when they lose. I think that they held their own in this game considering that every analyst had counted us out completely. I was more concerned about getting out of the first round and once that happened I can now sit back and enjoy the game. I was at the Carolina game so I know pain. We will get them in the next one.

I want them from the '95 cup. No I want them from the 88 game in Chicago. Hey I really want your banner for the first game every played as the Devils. The stuff you paid for. LOL I think I have forgotten more than you know. Bye bye.

so what youre saying is you dont want my pom poms?

Being outshot 30-11 and looking almost helpless for much of the OT period is.

True but honestly I think game 1s are the worst in every series as so many factors go into them from nj possibly being tired to Philly being rusty to them just getting used to each other. I think game two will be the true indicator of the rest of the series.

Also while we were def outplayed the second half, luck also goes a far way in a playoff series. One stupid bounce and we could have won it.

Being outshot 30-11 and looking almost helpless for much of the OT period is.

I would argue that the Devils were fully in control for a decent proportion of the game, counterbalancing the period of the Flyer's dominance and resulting in overtime and an ultimately narrow margin of defeat.

The Devils are carrying their bipolar play over from the previous series, during which the sky fell at njdevs.com numerous times, only to end in a narrowly won victory.

Until the results start coming in lopsided, I'll expect more of the same. A few inches this way or the other, and we lose the Panthers series, or win game 1 today. It's just how it goes.

We lost...but we were one shot(even a weak one with Bryzgalov) away from winning the game. We had good parts of our game a and bad. This was 1 of a possible 7 game series. We need to replicate the forecheck from today for game 2 and shoot more. Bryzgalov is god awful.

Kovalchuk is clearly hurt but benching him will do nothing but mess up the lines and make our 4th line ineffective by dressing Boulton/Janssen or gas a double shifting forward.

I also wouldn't mind Larsson dressed for Harrold.

Oh, and...SHOOT MORE.

Anyone who is complaining and whining might as well leave. That was a good playoff game, you can't win them all. Clearly it would of been great to win but you can't win them all. We need to split in Filthy.

Apparently Marty is blaming the overtime goal to contact made with him by the flyers player. He also basically stated the refs didn't call it because they would be afraid of overturning two goals in Philly with their crowd.

Not exactly the reaction I was looking for from Marty on this but I am not surprised.

I would cite this but I'm on my iphone

Did we get a point for OT? No? Well than a loss is a loss. There's no victory, points or morally, in this situation.

we do know that some how we completely out worked them for the first 20 and Bryzgalov is a very weak goalie. we didn't get blown out and we tied it up twice.

keys for the Devils to win: shoot and expose Bryzgalov

keys for the Flyers to win: pressure and pressure our defense

its that simple really.

we do know that some how we completely out worked them for the first 20 and Bryzgalov is a very weak goalie. we didn't get blown out and we tied it up twice.

keys for the Devils to win: shoot and expose Bryzgalov

keys for the Flyers to win: pressure and pressure our defense

its that simple really.

Also stay out of the box I might add. We took way too many penalties again and Philly is a much better team than Florida.

The Devils can definitely beat them. The Flyers have a lot of hype right now. They're good they're not that good. The Devils have to be better than they were today. The fact that they haven't played for 60 minutes any game in this playoff year falls on the coaching staff. No one is exempt here. The Elias line was good but they didn't dominate they could be better. Everyone needs to play their best game.

Devils deserved to lose this for many reasons.

1. They did not play a full 60 minute game. Stopped skating after the 1st goal. At some points, 1 guy would be forechecking and the rest of the Devils would be far behind the center line. Might as well play the trap.

2. Marty is a veteran and a core player making a mistake we could only expect that Kurtis Foster or an AHLer to make. That gaffe helped the Flyers find their feet, pretty much. Being up 2-1, they now felt they could win this game.

3. Kovy is injured, sit him, put Larsson in. Stop being stubborn PDB, this is the playoffs and Kovy is not skating. It is hurting the team. Its like a 5v4 out there with Kovy on the ice, except you cant ice the puck. Put Harrold on RW and you can bench Larsson if the going gets tough and still have 6 Defensemen.

The Devils not playing 60 mins is lack of accountability on part of PDB. If it happens during the regular season from time to time or during a rough schedule, its understandable, but if these guys can't get up to play 60 mins in the second round of the playoffs against a potent team like the Flyers, then it is squarely on PDB's shoulder. When Marty made that gaffe, I would have sat his ass. How could he as a veteran, a leader in the lockerroom do something as stupid as that against the Flyers. Let him churn on the bench for a game so that he gets his head into and realizes PDB will not tolerate such sh!t from him and won't hesitate to give Hedberg playing time.

For the lot of you that felt this was a very close game, remember, the Flyers were rusty in that first period. In the next two periods we were outshot 23-7 and 7-4 in OT with one shot on goal worth mentioning in OT. Averaging over three periods flyers would have us outshot 35-11, some of you may mention the score, but I can assure it will eventually catch up as the Flyers missed several golden oppurtunities which most likely wont happen again.

Edited by Anhkheg

Honestly what goalie interference are you crying about? The game winning goal? IT WAS NOT ITERFERENCE!!!

Wahh we lost. It's the refs fault.

Guess what? From the 2nd period and OT, we got outshot 30-11, and were thoroughly outplayed. We deserved to lose that game. It's not the refs fault. Stop making crybaby excuses.

Marty was bumped just as the puck was getting to him. It's not an excuse. It's what happened. Check the overhead replay.

The refs have already proven that they'll let that slide. Knuble flat out plowed through Tim Thomas on the goal that ended the Bruins' Cup defense. If they're allowing that, they're allowing the JVR bump. Dems da breaks. The Devils should just start running Bryz.

On a different note, this series is far from over. Marty was friggin awesome today. A hot goalie is arguably the most important ingredient to any successful playoff run. Cut the mental miscues and the rest will take care of itself.

Apparently Marty is blaming the overtime goal to contact made with him by the flyers player. He also basically stated the refs didn't call it because they would be afraid of overturning two goals in Philly with their crowd.

Not exactly the reaction I was looking for from Marty on this but I am not surprised.

There was contact. Not gonna get that call, but there was. Who cares, goal wasn't on him either way. OT was a battle of the inevitable vs. Bryz screwing up, Bryz came close but inevitability won out.

I have been watching these interference goals or non goals. Marty was outside the Crease so it's a goal I don't care what he says. Game 7 in Fla they should have won because the first goal that was waved off was a goal because the Fla player was pushed into Marty by a Devils player. So Devils lose series 3-2 and Fla advances didn't go the way. An NHL ref says Boston should have lost the series as the Washington goal in OT was interference. That's the way it goes. Marty should be more concern on how he mis handled a puck that allowed a goal maybe we wouldn't have been in OT.