GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 3 Philadelphia @ NJ - 5/3/12

NJCroMag

Those who have seen my posts over the years know I hardly ever bitch about the officiating, but that call upset me. Thank goodness they killed it.

That's been my feeling as well - I firmly believe that most things even out, that it's a tough job, that refs don't generally get the benefit of the doubt from most fans, and as such I rarely complain about the job they do...but the reffing in overtime, particularly the Zubrus play (as well as a few other instances that I've already forgotten about in the afterglow of the win) were pretty brutal. You just can't go all night only calling the big things, then suddenly tighten up in overtime and start calling questionable stuff.

you look at all 4 goals and bryz was terrible on all 4. parise's goal he wasnt even looking where parise stuffed it. bryz just has no movement or no body action hes just playing puck hit me please.

That's been my feeling as well - I firmly believe that most things even out, that it's a tough job, that refs don't generally get the benefit of the doubt from most fans, and as such I rarely complain about the job they do...but the reffing in overtime, particularly the Zubrus play (as well as a few other instances that I've already forgotten about in the afterglow of the win) were pretty brutal. You just can't go all night only calling the big things, then suddenly tighten up in overtime and start calling questionable stuff.

I am in total agreement with this and view tonight as an aberration. A horrible, potentially disastrous aberration. Maybe I'm optimistic but I hope this kind of officiating mess does not happen again. Till I see if that's true I'm going to try to focus less on the refs performance and more on ours. Feeling real good tonight!

And do the Flyers practice knocking sticks out of players hands? They're like ninjas.

THAT'S the other OT (no) call that pissed me off - Zubrus has his stick chopped out of his hands and broken either during or after the second kill. That's almost always called, but not then.

THAT'S the other OT (no) call that pissed me off - Zubrus has his stick chopped out of his hands and broken either during or after the second kill. That's almost always called, but not then.

I've seen it more in this series than at any other time.

So much for the shootout being a crutch the Devils couldn't live without. Four of the last five games going to OT, posting a 3-1 record along the way.

Yeah, a pleasant surprise.