GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 3 Philadelphia @ NJ - 5/3/12

NJCroMag

The last time the Devils won 2 games in a round 2 playoff series was 2003 when we last won a Cup.

It gets better.

Every time we've won 2 games in a second round playoff series since 1995 we made it to the Finals.

EVERY time we've won 2 games in a second round playoff series we've at least made it to the Conference Finals. 88, and 94.

Every second round elimination in Devils history we've only won a single game in each of those 3 that we've been eliminated from.

What a night. Beyond pumped. Loudest the Rock has ever been trust me on that- I've been to every playoff game played in this building. Unreal. Keep it going boys!!!!

exactly...and there were like 250 total Phailures fans there.. great to see almost 100% Red

BTW noone in NJ can legally buy and use a taser ( police included).

According to my cop buddy he just said that New Jersey changed the law recently allowing some departments to use tazers. Maybe the Newark cops were anxious to use them. :giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8

exactly...and there were like 250 total Phailures fans there.. great to see almost 100% Red

Yeah, the Phailure fan "invasion" was much ado about nothing. The ones that were there were mostly okay, although I did see a couple of incidents where security needed to get involved.

I really thought that Philadelphia would be a juggernaut, but they are paper tiger-ish - Hartnell is injured, Jagr appears shot, Giroux might be hurt, and their defense isn't a strength of this team. NJ beat them again at 5 on 5. Still, one bad performance by NJ and it'll be 2-2 and Philly will have the home ice advantage again. Foot on the throat time, gents.

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with MIllbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK

for those of you that think we never get kudos on TV

Devils 15-2 when Kovy and Parise score a goal

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with MIllbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK

for those of you that think we never get kudos on TV

Devils 15-2 when Kovy and Parise score a goal

Just watched that, it was great to hear! :boogie:

581541_10150797868184583_78722009582_9326078_1493482796_n.jpg

Salvador trying to cop a feel

Zajac had a monster game. Also, the refs were horrible. The flyers simulate everything, flopping their heads back and diving any chance they get.

Great atmosphere at the rock. Vast majority wearing red. Maybe 8% failure fans. I'll venture to say that, when full, we have one of the loudest fan bases/arena in the league.

Edited by devlman

If this game taught us one thing, it's this:

Taxi drivers are better at hockey than astronauts are.

Nicely done, sir!

Also, unrelated...but since it seems to be my good luck charm with this team as of late...

I really thought that Philadelphia would be a juggernaut, but they are paper tiger-ish - Hartnell is injured, Jagr appears shot, Giroux might be hurt, and their defense isn't a strength of this team. NJ beat them again at 5 on 5. Still, one bad performance by NJ and it'll be 2-2 and Philly will have the home ice advantage again. Foot on the throat time, gents.

I thought the Flyers were taking this in five, and I also thought Game 1 was going to repeat itself at least three more times in this series.

Obviously, anything can happen in OT...it's fitting that each team has won an OT game. But it's incredibly encouraging that, after those two brutal periods in Game 1 where the two-steps-slower Devils appeared to be back, that the Devils have, for the most part, either been playing better than or equal to the Flyers. I didn't think they had it in them to do that, and I especially didn't think they had it in them to do it two games in a row. Of course, the biggest key is that they found a way to win last night...I still would've been impressed with how they played last night, but being up 2-1 sounds SO much better than being down 2-1. No "they played well, but" today.

And really the crowd last night almost deserves its own thread.. All through the game it was a hostile environment for their fans.. The bathrooms were insane!! It really felt like after all the years of getting tossed around by their fans, we just gave it all back in one night

But it's incredibly encouraging that, after those two brutal periods in Game 1 where the two-steps-slower Devils appeared to be back, that the Devils have, for the most part, either been playing better than or equal to the Flyers.

I also find it encouraging that, despite being reminded constantly that Ilya Bryzgalov gave up one goal in three regular season starts against the Devils (oh yeah, don't forget the two shutouts), the Devils are having no problem putting pucks by him.

It's a whooooooooole different season, baby...