Flyer fans

cheardjr

The security at the Rock has always sucked. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but the point is that right after a game someone, literally out of nowhere, sucker punches my friend in the face. Security had initially grabbed the guy, but released him soon after. Security should have been nice and been like hey, you ok, you need a medic to come over. Instead what they said was, oh well, we released the guy, nothing we can do now, so either file a complaint with NPD or gtfo. They treated me and my friend like we were the one's who were causing a problem. It was something as simple as we just wanted them to be nice and act as if they were even somewhat concerned, but they were complete jerks. Tried to talk to the head of security at the time, his name was french sounding, Pierre maybe? Anyways, he was of no help either when we told him that the security guards were jerks and swore at us when we asked a question. I don't get it, because the rest of the arena's staff is, for the most part, very nice.

Thing is that they are separate from the rest of the arena staff.

The security at the rock is a huge joke. They are totally reactionary, unprofessional and downright lazy.

Thing is that they are separate from the rest of the arena staff.

The security at the rock is a huge joke. They are totally reactionary, unprofessional and downright lazy.

It was retarded because we didn't act like jerks towards them, we just asked a couple questions and it was as if they got pissed that we hadn't left yet, so they then became hostile. One guy got really upset when I asked him why he was treating us the way he was when we hadn't done anything wrong and then he told me I had no business even being there because it was my friend who had the problem. I was like dude, wtf. I came to at least 25-30 games that year and was not happy that after spending that kind of money somewhere, I was getting treated the way my friend and I were.

Film everything you see these animals getting away with and the lack of security response and send it to mgmt@newjerseydevils.com. Threaten to go to the media with it.

good idea. a full video of flyers fans showcasing their class would be great.

in the regular season in the lower bowl after the devils won flyer fans came walking up and in front of kids and all just gave the finger both hands to everyone. very classy. would of liked to shove his face into the wall.

whatever you people do dont let nyr fans off the hook by comparing them to flyers fans, though. the flyers fans are embracing this stupid toughness act led on by the media, team and myth. theyre all pussies by themselves they only are tough in groups which pretty much sums up philadelphia fans in a nutshell (and even ny fans).

dont get me wrong youll encounter nyr fans of the same type as this series but it doesnt seem like its every other one like the flyers. ranger fans have it in them though trust me. itll come out at the right time and it always does.

Where is the video posted?

I submitted a formal complaint about the tall goofy looking security guard with the bad hair plugs last year. Did not hear a single thing about it.

The gist of my complaint was his lack of professionism and his total lack of caring for his job. I saw him turn a blind eye to things that he should have handled as part of his basic requirements of his job.

I also heard is or at least now a supervisor. Go figure.

you talking about the security guy who does 232/233? usally has spiky hair.?

I had 4 Flyer fans next to my friend and I that were fine. They just cheered their team (which was only annoying because it was the Flyers) and were respectful. I chatted with them a little during intermissions. There was some guy at the back of the section who kept screaming like a moron every time Bryz made a save. But the best was a group of 1 guy and 2 girls a few rows in front of us. The guy was cocky and danced to the crappy techno jersey shore style, but was mostly fine. The 2 girls spent the whole game screaming and trying to talk smack. In the epitome of Philly stereotypes, the Devils are winning 3-2, there's a huge Let's Go Devils chant, and the one girl has her beer bottle in here mouth with both hands up flipping everyone off while the other one was trying to yell 'shut up' at people in other sections. It really made me realize how sad some of these people are.

the funny thing is when they don't realize they're not in their own arena and they try to shut OUR fans up, and a literal army of them at that. :rofl:

i'm a tampa bay buccaneer fan as well and here and there (very rarely) i meet another one in this area and two of them both mentioned they went to one of the NFC playoffs back in the early 2000's when the eagles seemed to play the bucs every year in the playoffs. Of course it was always in philadelphia and these guys went, one with their kids. They all had beer thrown at them (kids included) and endured hell. Beer on you in the winter, along with verbal abuse is bad. Philly fans are proud of this. As a devil fan, i m proud my team was in my opinion, the team best represented in a sitcom (puddy seinfeld episode) and stupid crap like that. I would never be proud of throwing beer at kids to make me feel bad ass (or spitting on other people, puking on them, snowballing santa clause, courtroom and jail in stadium etc etc). Love the city, always have a fun time there (seeing historic stuff, not the parking and hipsters), but the sports base sucks. however if i was a philly fan, id be proud my 1976 team was in the jury of the damned in a halloween Simpson episode. thatsabout it. The only thing, that makes me unproud of being a devils fan is how they yell "Ranger suck, flyers swallow." makes us sound bitter, like a 17 year old bashing a girl that dumped him and cant get over it. thats just lame. also yelling "You suck" after a goal is kinda unsportsman like and plain stupid wehn they got a goal and are still way down like 4-1 or something. Lastly i hate when your at a game during the National Anthem and some dousche yells something during the song like "Go Devils" or "(otehr team) sucks" but you get that any stadium you go.

sportsmanship be damned! This is hockey. not a manners competition. I don't see anything wrong with insulting another team's fanbase if you have the fierce rivalry that we have vs the Flyers and Rangers. We're going to get it from them regardless how "respectful" we are to them. It's not stooping to their level, it's seeing if they can take what they dish out, and most of the time they can't.

but yes yelling sh!t out during the National Anthem is uncalled for. If you want to start cheering or yelling something like "USA USA" during the last verse I don't mind but don't use it as a quiet time to get another cheer in for your team. there's plenty of time to do that all game.

Edited by Legion15

sportsmanship be damned! This is hockey. not a manners competition. I don't see anything wrong with insulting another team's fanbase if you have the fierce rivalry that we have vs the Flyers and Rangers. We're going to get it from them regardless how "respectful" we are to them. It's not stooping to their level, it's seeing if they can take what they dish out, and most of the time they can't.

but yes yelling sh!t out during the National Anthem is uncalled for. If you want to start cheering or yelling something like "USA USA" during the last verse I don't mind but don't use it as a quiet time to get another cheer in for your team. there's plenty of time to do that all game.

I don't think politeness is what's up for discussion, I wish that was all it was. People got punched in the face, people got beer thrown on them in OUR HOUSE. Security showed up a few times and the two times I saw them show up, they were a few minutes after the fact and didn't take the necessary action of kicking out the people responsible. They just kind of left a minute later with a confused look on their face, case not resolved.

To their defense though, they did reply to the complaint email I sent and addressed some of the things I mentioned. Apparently they did throw out dozens of people and many were arrested, so hopefully this was just a red flag. It is the first round 2 game we've had in this building and it just so happens to be against the Flyers, so I guess we shouldn't be too surprised if they were maybe a little unprepared.

Are you guys talking about this guy ? standing behind Tedenby? I hope not. In my opinion he's one of the better security guards.

Agreed, he's been very nice to me and my girlfriend the past couple seasons. Haven't really seen where he's stationed at within the arena so I can't comment on how he acts inside. Don't really care if he's a Rangers fan, probably better to be objectively working security considering his position close to all the Devils players night after night near the autograph area.

I think he did mention once that he was Marty's kid's godfather, or something like that, maybe vice versa?..

When anyone says dumb sh!t within earshot of myself during the national anthem, I use the Slapshot quote of, "I'M LISTENING TO THE fvckING SONG!!".

Are you guys talking about this guy ?

standing behind Tedenby? I hope not. In my opinion he's one of the better security guards.

That's the idiot. He is quite lazy and not only did he boast he got the job cause of brodeur but that he couldn't be fired because of that. He also guards the $10 line but he rather smoke and drink with the underage kids in the line than do his job of making sure no one is cutting in line.