Did they really just have $40 seats...

Stolen

People complain about the vuvuzela being loud when the music and jumbotron noise during the playoffs has been through the roof insane loud? I'm one of the few that doesn't mind the vuvuzela and I sit two sections away. It doesn't give me a headache like the amped up music and noise does.

I do agree the supporters section shouldn't be 'just' season ticket holders, and that there were games where they were sparsely populated. I don't think they influenced the crowd as much as they reflected it through a prism...the 12,000 games the ones that were there tried, but there weren't many there. The 17,625 games they were into it and a noticeable part of the atmosphere but 17,625 crowds are gonna get going for the most part anyway, especially during the playoffs.

That's not to say I don't like the supporters section or think it shouldn't continue. It was the first full season and there are going to be some hiccups (like a handful of Flyer fans showing up in a playoff game there). I don't have personal interaction with them, but if they are going to be marketed as an exclusive sth clique, I can't exactly be surprised if they act that way. By the same token, people are going to be jealous of them getting their own section and a guaranteed appearance on the jumbotron every game. Fans get jealous of other fans who get attention.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The problem with the supporters section is that they only sold it in full season tickets. It was great to be a part of last year but this year it seems like there were many others who just could not commit to the full season and the section suffered as a result. Nothing against the people in the section though, it's not your fault the Devils group sales people are hindering it.

This x1000. I repeatedly told the Devils to leave at least 1 or 2 rows open for either 5 game plans or individual tickets. This way everyone could be apart of it even if they couldn't commit to full season tickets and it would expand the section since new people would be apart of it every game. I haven't had anything to do with the section this season but it was suppose to be for anyone who wanted to show up and cheer, kinda hard to do that when it's only really available to full season ticket holders.

Honestly I can't understand anyone bitching about people trying to cheer and being dedicated to the team given where we have come from as fans. Anyone that brings energy to thi s building is good ion my book as long as they don't start fights in the building or outside (leave tht crap to rags and phailures fans). Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I don't think it's right to sit and criticize the originality or passion of fans that shelled out their dollars and dedicate time to go to the Rock and make it feel like a homie arena.

Vuvuzalas or whatever theyre called are meant for soccer games

Vuvuzelas are South-Africa specific. No one else likes or uses them. This was a huge issue in the last world cup as it was impossible to block out the sound from the live transmissions. It'll be a cold day in hell before South-Africa ever gets a World Cup again. (Unless they agree to ban vuvuzelas from the stands.)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19041-what-makes-the-sound-of-vuvuzelas-so-annoying.html

Edited by njdevsftw

Fans get jealous of other fans who get attention.

although it happens among other fanbases being the devils are a smaller fanbase you notice and become familiar with the cliques and those that try to seek out attention for themselves. hell alot of jets fans hate fireman ed so it isnt like its unusual for other fans to dispise super fans. i never think of it as jealousy i just think its people growing tired of seeing the same people everywhere in everything and drawing attnetion to themselves at every turn.

although it happens among other fanbases being the devils are a smaller fanbase you notice and become familiar with the cliques and those that try to seek out attention for themselves. hell alot of jets fans hate fireman ed so it isnt like its unusual for other fans to dispise super fans. i never think of it as jealousy i just think its people growing tired of seeing the same people everywhere in everything and drawing attnetion to themselves at every turn.

I have nothing against the attention the diablos get from the devils. I wouldn't even mind if they were on the jumbo tron all game.

My issue is with my encounters with the people in that section at viewing parties and at the games as well as other events they are not as inviting or inclusive as they make themselves out to be. It's just another clique like the crazies and I do not want to mingle with either, that's all

Edited by DevsMan84