GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 4 Philadelphia @ NJ - 5/6/12

lazer

Keep the pedal to the metal boys - on Tuesday, I expect to willingly and happily hand a draft pick to the Minnesota Wild.

Yeah one more win means we're out a first-rounder this year for sure (the Kovy penalty) and out a third-rounder the next year, and I couldn't care less.

Pressure shifts to the Devils now, but it's a nice problem to have. That Philthy crowd will be all over the Flyers if they go down by a couple of goals...it's be great to see the Devils jump on them while they're down...

The real pressure doesn't shift to the Devils till Game 6. The pressure's all on Philly in Game 5 to avoid getting embarassed at home and having a 2010 Devils-like end to their season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I have seen only one TV clip from each of the last two games, because I was at the games. Both clips I heard the announcer blaming something on our "bad ice".

our "bad ice" and <NBC>Devils sitting back playing a modified 1-2-2 TRAP</NBC>:rolleyes:

our "bad ice" and <NBC>Devils sitting back playing a modified 1-2-2 TRAP</NBC>:rolleyes:

I legitimately laughed out loud when Pierre mentioned the 1-2-2, because (if my memory serve correctly) as soon as that came out of his mouth, the Devils forced a turnover off of the forecheck.

The Devils did play a 1-2-2 for most of the third.

But it doesn't matter, since they crushed the Flyers in all aspects. Easily the best game all season, and you can tell because of the lack of posts in this thread. Flyers were lucky to even have 2 goals.

They did indeed trap in the third, but hey, it worked.

And in Pierre's defense (...did I really just say that?), every time he mentioned bad ice, he did qualify it by saying it was warm in the building because of all of the fans, and that there had been Red Hot Chili Pepper shows the two nights prior, and it's the price you pay for having a busy building.

Seriously, he must have mentioned RHCP at least three times. Methinks Pierre's a fan. Interestingly, no mention of Bruce playing the night before the first RHCP show.

Thank god I don't work Monday mornings.

We have a huge workday planned tomorrow... I don't care though! Can't stop watching highlights / talking about the game / looking at pics / expressing my love for this team...

I know the series is not over yet. We all know that. But the last time a Devils team made me so happy, I was 13 years old. Now it's 2012 and finally we're making more great memories.

4-1 at the Rock this postseason? TOO AWESOME. Too happy for all you guys that have the opportunity to go to every game.

Too... many... puns... [system overload]

They do it everyday too...they're still coming up with new ones though. They have had a lot for the Devils on their front page for these playoffs. Most are dreadful.

Edited by ben00rs

I still can't get over that timeout by Laviolette less then five minutes into a scoreless game :lol: Talk about being proactive. I mean really, if you have to take a timeout less then five minutes into a scoreless game clearly nothing you said in the locker room before the game did any good, so thirty seconds is going to help?

Im honestly speechless. Who the hell saw this coming? Im not gonna lie, I thought we were gonna lose in 5 or 6 when the series started and didnt see a way our defense would shutdown their offense. Four games later, Claude Giroux doesnt have an even strength point! I mean, how good have Fayne and Greene been? Kovy honestly looks close to 100% and our other stars have been very good. I hope we win this soon- I'd love to give our gimpy players more time to heal and would love for Josefson to come back