GREAT VICTORY - now the 2012 draft picks?

DevilinLA

ASTOUNDING VICTORY - not trying to bring anyone down but some curious thoughts from another angle.

1. Will we probably forfeit the Kovalchuk 1st RD pick this year - as its a bottom 4?

2. I guess the Zidlicky trade becomes a 2cnd RD pick now that we've made the ECF via the Trade condition.

All worth it - IMHO - but curious as to what everyone elee thinks?

We already gave up a 2nd rounder in the Zidlicky trade (we still have the Caps' 2nd), and now we give up an additional 3rd next year because we made the ECF and Zidlicky played more than 70% or whatever it was of the games.

There's NO question they give up the Kovy first rounder now. At lowest it's going to be 28 since whoever loses the WCF would have a lower pick than us 'if' we go no further. Can't do much better than that as far as minimizing damage, it's like holding on 20 in a card game of 21, you have to do it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Like the posters above said - you have to give it up now. Its going to be at least the 29th pick. If you do better next year the difference is 1-3 spots. If we do worse next year it could be 15 spots even if we are really good.

What happens to that conditional pick we had with the Islanders all the way back from 09?

I forgot the exact explanation, but TG confirmed a little bit ago that the conditions were not met so there is no pick.

Assuming the Devils forfeit their 1st round pick, they'll have these for the 2012 draft: 2, 3, 4 (TOR, 96th Overall), 5 (CGY, 135th Overall), 5, and 6.

Like the posters above said - you have to give it up now. Its going to be at least the 29th pick. If you do better next year the difference is 1-3 spots. If we do worse next year it could be 15 spots even if we are really good.

It can still be 27-30. Phoenix won their division and would get a worse pick if both teams lose in the Conference Finals, despite having less points. Not that it matters much because the pick will almost certainly be forfeited.

Edited by BCdevil

I forgot the exact explanation, but TG confirmed a little bit ago that the conditions were not met so there is no pick.

Assuming the Devils forfeit their 1st round pick, they'll have these for the 2012 draft: 2, 3, 4 (TOR, 96th Overall), 5 (CGY, 135th Overall), 5, and 6.

Didn't the Devils lose their 2nd in the Zidlicky trade, or was that another 2nd rounder they had?

It can still be 27-30. Phoenix won their division and would get a worse pick if both teams lose in the Conference Finals, despite having less points. Not that it matters much because the pick will almost certainly be forfeited.

oh sorry i was thinking 32 teams for some reason...lapse in my brain there. Anyways the point still stands. The risk is low to give it away this year.