Flyers Players Admit We Were Better Team

msweet

”They were very strong on the boards,” Jagr said.”“I hate to say it and it surprises me, but they were so strong on the boards that we didn’t have the chances from the cycle.

”We tried, but it wasn’t enough. For whatever reason, you gotta give them credit. They were just a little bit stronger and a little bit quicker.”

Kimmo Timonen mentioned that he felt the Devils played a brand of hockey similar to the New York Rangers, who went 6-0 against the Flyers in the regular season.

He also admitted that there was no doubting the Devils were the better team in this Eastern Conference semifinal series.

”They were better than us on all aspects of the game,” Timonen said. “When you lose four games to a team, they’re the better team.”

”You want to get chances with the Devils because they’re a really solid team,” said Flyers forward Max Talbot, who had his team’s only goal Tuesday.. “You knew they’d play after the whistle and play smart. Every time we got beat you had to give them credit because they’re a solid team.”

Want to add that it was also classy by Giroux to come down for the handshake line at the end. Was wondering if he would do that.

Agreed, all though I'm sure some of that was also him wanting to salute the fans.

You could ask all day long if the absence of suspended Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux was a blow to the team’s chances in Game 5 at the Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday night...

I see they promoted him to captain while in exile :giggle: