GDT: ECF Game 1 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

NJCroMag

Game one, we lost it last series, and won in 5.

Keep the faith!

GO DEVILS!!

We also at least outplayed the flyers in the first round. I don't know what most on this board is talking about but it was pretty even most of the game until the rags killed us in the third

Don't really know what to say after a game like this

Still unimpressed with the Rags, but they keep chugging along. Maybe this is what it felt like to be a Flyers or Wings fan watching the 95 devils

still can't get too worked up over game 1. We lost game 1 to the flyers (and were really knocked around and dominated the 2nd part of that game and OT) we won game 1 in 94 to the rags...lost the series...won game 1 in 97 to the rags...lost the series. So this is by far the easiest swallow. Listen, they do a good job collapsing around the blue sofa and capitalizing on the few chances they get, but I feel we can start wearing them down. Much like we did to Philly.

Completely agree with this. Really don't know what we are supposed to do to generate offense vs this shell of a D, we did not play bad at all. It must feel very similar to 95 when teams didn't know what to do vs. our style.

PS I have no respect for anyone who blames Marty for this game. You are closed minded and the type of person who always searches for a scapegoat in life. FVCk off.

Lets get them wednesday boys!!

we could have Gretzky, Modano, and Hull in their prime as our starters against this team, on a 5-on-3 for the entire game, and Lundqvist would still shut us out. It's a complete effing joke with this team every time they meet the Rags in the playoffs. I'm so sick of it.

I always want us to win,not always going to happen....but it sure isn't Martys fault we lost....See,the Rangers put the puck in the net...we did NOT.

And to beat these guys we will only score one or two against their defensive shell. If Marty gives up a couple of softies then the efforts are for nothing and we still lose.

This is going to be more of a goaltending dual than people here want to realize. We didn't exactly have that the first two rounds.

We also at least outplayed the flyers in the first round. I don't know what most on this board is talking about but it was pretty even most of the game until the rags killed us in the third

The Rangers fvcking suck. Their offense is anemic. One bad play and it cost us the game because.

Lots of bad puck luck for the devils tonight.

Good game by Lundqvuist

Better game by the shot blockers.

Just like Philly's style didn't have an answer to ours, I have a feeling we won't have an answer to the Rangers shot blocking strategy. Even if we start getting pucks through, Lundqvuist is a good goalie. Devils are definitely the underdogs here, even if they don't get bad puck luck in the rest of the games.

It's only game 1, but this is going to be a tough one. If we get through it's going to take some heroics ala Ottawa series in 2003.

I'm telling you, if the devs continue to get the better of the territorial play they won't lose, plain and simple

and lundqvist is due for a bad one, he is human.

Nobody thought they were sweeping them.

Game 1 1994 we came back with like 20 seconds left to tie it and won it in OT. Rags came back. We continue to grind the hell out of the rangers they WILL BREAK. There were plenty of times this game we had 30-40 seconds non stop in there zone with the rags huffing and puffing. The shot blocking takes a toll, the forchecking takes a toll. The rangers were anything but impressive in winning today. I was MUCH more worried after game 1 flyers when they pretty much made us look like little children after the 1st period.

And to beat these guys we will only score one or two against their defensive shell. If Marty gives up a couple of softies then the efforts are for nothing and we still lose.

This is going to be more of a goaltending dual than people here want to realize. We didn't exactly have that the first two rounds.

Ok. Well as soon as we find a way to win negative 1 to zero we'll be alright. They got shutout!!!

The Rangers fvcking suck. Their offense is anemic. One bad play and it cost us the game because.

They definitely don't suck. And if their offense is anemic what is ours? We got shutout by the queen.

This is what worried me about the Rags and I wanted the Caps to win. That fvcking guy in the net that they have fvcking owns the sh!t out of us and it makes me sick.

The rags "hang on for dear life and hope to score on our 2-3 chances a period" strategy just can't carry them to victory here. It can't. We're better than Ottawa and Washington

we win wednesday and get out of msg 1-1, just what we wanted

Edited by '7'

So lets fvcking bash ours....after one game.......And believe or not,the world will still turn tomorrow.

He can't let in soft goals like that. Out of all the goalies left in the playoffs he is by far the worst of the bunch.

Better go root for the Kings then....I'll stick with MY team...no matter what.

it's one game

if anyone expected for this series to go ala ',5games'' like the Flyers they were wrong

let's tie this in 2nd game, continue to play for a good 60minutes, we're eventually tire them out, get them out of their ''hang to Lundqvist whenever they're cycling through our zone''

tie this 1-1 and go back home and continue

Edit:

Panick when we're down 3-0 and we get dominated

today if anything, the game woulda been different if we somehow GOT those chances on during that 2nd period, but we didn't and that sucks, move on

Edited by TravisZajac

He can't let in soft goals like that. Out of all the goalies left in the playoffs he is by far the worst of the bunch.

Right. And had the offense scored at all, that would matter. But they didn't. So if he gave up 1 or 20, it was still a loss. If they lost 3-2, you'd have a point.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

So lets fvcking bash ours....after one game.......And believe or not,the world will still turn tomorrow.

Again Marty is by far the worst goalie that is remaining in the playoffs. We match up better for the rangers than their first two opponents.

I think too many devils fans got a little too overconfident about this series. I hope grandpa in net doesn't cost us this series

Again Marty is by far the worst goalie that is remaining in the playoffs. We match up better for the rangers than their first two opponents.

I think too many devils fans got a little too overconfident about this series. I hope grandpa in net doesn't cost us this series

Isn't being overconfident is being that much pessimist after we lost the game in game 1?

I mean come on lol

if we can tie this up, I bet you, Rangers fans will question their team

THEY got a fvcking goal out of nowhere from Girardi, barely deflected

Volchenkov got beaten up that fast and Bernier took a stupid penalty on the 2nd goal

other than that, reactions from most rangers fans after that 2nd period was '' feels like we're losing 3 to nothing...''

we were cyclying through their zone, they iced the puck 5 fvcking times and they HAD to use their time-out, Torts yelling at Gaborik so on..

Edited by TravisZajac