GDT: ECF Game 3 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils

Zubie#8

Players need to bury their chances. Easier said than done, I know, but getting no goals on all the breakaways and 2-on-1s is just unacceptable. It wasn't just Lundqvist playing amazing... there were a lot of individual mistakes in key situations.

I get it you never played ice hockey? It's no excuses, there's plenty of NHL scouts that have commented about his pads. Cheating has been going on for a century in hockey.

There's even rumors using today's technology of lasers to measure a players gear live in the pre-game to find illegal gear and springing the challenge at the right time during the game. My favorite is sharping the edge of the eye visor and getting in a fight to have your opponent cut up his knuckles/hands on it.

Frankly I'm surprised the other teams have challenged the Queen's gear. I did witness Marty get called for his illegal stick curve by the SJ Sharks in a 2-2 tied game late in the game. They measured and the Stick failed, Sharks scored on the PP and won the game.

Ignorance is Bliss

Didn't realize you had played in the NHL. And hell if you've heard other scouts have questioned his pads they're obviously illegal.

Again though please explain to me why the league would allow it to continue year after year (apparently), is it the whole black helicopter thing where the league will do whatever they can to help the rags? While at the same time fvcking the Devils every chance they get. Lunqvist was good today but it was more about the Devils again coming up small on the offensive side of the puck. 4 shots and 4 pp chances at one point had nothing to do with who was in goal.

However if excuses make it easier that works too, I guess. The series is far from over.

its far from over and i know the Devils are the better team, thats 100% sure...

but... they have been the better team every games, yet they are still down 2-1.... were gonna need way more puck puck to beat those guys and the guys have to start going for the dirty goals and stop being fancy all the time, just get the puck to the net and good thing may happen

Elias needs to wake up in my opinion. He is very slow with his decisions when he has the puck, even strength and on the powerplay. He is doing a good job in the defensive zone but my god he has been brutal everywhere else.

This. I'm the biggest Elias fan there is, but he needs to get his sh!t together. He's been invisible in this series, and we can't afford that.

Yeah I agree.. We have shown we are the better team, so there is no reason to assume we will lose this series.. Our mantra has been "Stick to the game plan" and it's shown it can beat them.. Just have to get the puck in the damn net

Sorry, Dude, but Rags/Kings SCF is inevitable. I refuse to be pie in the sky because the fall is harder. There is no way the Devils can win this series. We've played really well but have been shut out twice and scraped out one win. The fact that we've been shut out twice is not a good sign if you expect this team to win the series. The Rags have a game plan on us which seems to be to shut down the first two periods then win the third period and it appears to be working.

I'd love to see the Devils advance, but I'll eat my hat if they do.

i got sick of watching all the stupid ass passing during the power plays.... Shoot the god damn puck. for christ sake.....

No lanes. What do you want, someone to take a shot, have it get blocked up high and turn into a short handed breakaway or rush?

What are you talking aout? If anything, this Saturday afternoon game is more favorable for visiting fans to make. And it was still, according to those there still 85-15 devs fans.

60-40 devils fans MAX.

TONS OF RANGERS FANS THERE TODAY.

Sorry, Dude, but Rags/Kings SCF is inevitable. I refuse to be pie in the sky because the fall is harder. There is no way the Devils can win this series. We've played really well but have been shut out twice and scraped out one win. The fact that we've been shut out twice is not a good sign if you expect this team to win the series. The Rags have a game plan on us which seems to be to shut down the first two periods then win the third period and it appears to be working.

I'd love to see the Devils advance, but I'll eat my hat if they do.

The only way is Henrik gets hurt. But judging by the amount o gear he wears, he may as well be run over by a tank and be ok to play the game.

60-40 devils fans MAX.

Dude, not even close to 60-40. Not. Even. Close. This was a 90-10 Devils crowd, 85-15 at worst, and the reason why you're under the impression that it was 60-40 is because the Devils couldn't score at all, while the Rangers scored 3 times, one time after a bunch of Devils fans had already left. Period, end of story.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

It doesn't feel any better over here, though.

I was fine if the Rangers speed was going to beat us, if they would play us even and win on some Brodeur softies or something. Losing this way is horrible.

Safe to assume this is the chart for game 3?

http://www.timeonice.com/shots1112.php?gamenumber=30313

Wow, looking at those numbers I would say the Devils must have won by 5 goals.

Dude, not even close to 60-40. Not. Even. Close. This was a 90-10 Devils crowd, 85-15 at worst, and the reason why you're under the impression that it was 60-40 is because the Devils couldn't score at all, while the Rangers scored 3 times, one time after a bunch of Devils fans had already left. Period, end of story.

I was there and saw what I saw there were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than 10-15% Ranger fans based on color alone WAYYYYYY more...20-30% blue

I was there and saw what I saw there were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than 10-15% Ranger fans based on color alone WAYYYYYY more...20-30% blue

I was there too bro, I don't know maybe you had a lot of blue in your particular section? But it was nowhere near 20-30%. Nowhere near it. Had the Devils been able to score a goal, I'm pretty sure it would've been very evident.

Yesterday was easily my biggest fear going into the series. Pinball their ass in their end for a huge chunk of the game and not be able to score. Zidlicky has been a disappointment thus far this series and Kovalchuk needs to step up and bury one of theose breakaways. Beat hank on both of them. If he gets the first off the ice its a goal.

They cannot beat us at 5v5, looking very similar to the Florida series minus the netminding.

Henrique and Clarkson put together a nice play in game 2 but Henrique is making so many bad decisions with the puck lately it hurts to watch.

No lanes. What do you want, someone to take a shot, have it get blocked up high and turn into a short handed breakaway or rush?

Exactly! and so true... and so many fan dont realize this.

the only way this series is over and we dont win if Lundqvist continue to stand on his head and get lucky for 2 more games... Devils need to keep coing at him strong and harder. next game get 40+ shots to the net.. wear him out.

The crowd was definitely about 85% devils fans. Great crowd, loud as can be in the beginning, lots of chants and even mini standing ovations after pinning the rangers in there zone for a while early in the game. If the devils could have scored thw place would have erupted.

As for the ranger fans, they were dead silent until that goal. You could feel the whole arena shift. I have to say in my experience, the ranger fans have been way better than flyer fans. Loud and obnoxious, but not violent or anything. (again, just my experience so far),

60-40 devils fans MAX.

You are wrong. Plenty of us were there and it was clear there was no more than 10 percent Rangers fans. It was the least I've ever seen at a Devils-Rags game and there were no pockets of Ranger fans at all really.

Saying it was 60-40 makes it seem like your math isn't doing so well, and takes away from the effort the Devils and us have made to build the fanbase and keep blue out.

This. I'm the biggest Elias fan there is, but he needs to get his sh!t together. He's been invisible in this series, and we can't afford that.

He was horrible yesterday. No points in 5 games now and he screwed up numerous plays yesterday.