So it seems the whole nation is against us...

gata

the rest of the country can suck our balls when we win. They didn't give us credit all playoffs or all season for that matter, especially after last season. And of course now that its finals, ESPN magically covers hockey and acts like they're such big experts.

Edited by Legion15

No one is against the Devils. And this isn't about not giving the Devils credit. If I was an unbiased fan, I'd take the Kings too. They had the best goalie all year, a top 10 d-man, two incredible lines, lots of playoff experience and of course, the incredible playoff run. They knocked out the top 3 seeds easily.

I think NHL fans have a new-found respect for the Devils and enjoy the style they are playing. But as monumental as the Devils victory over the Rangers was for us, that isn't all that impressive to the outside viewer. You got to pick winner. Nothing wrong with thinking the Kings are the better team.

Edited by devilsrule33

No one is against the Devils. And this isn't about not giving the Devils credit. If I was an unbiased fan, I'd take the Kings too. They had the best goalie all year, a top 10 d-man, two incredible lines, lots of playoff experience and of course, the incredible playoff run. They knocked out the top 3 seeds easily.

I think NHL fans have a new-found respect for the Devils and enjoy the style they are playing. But as monumental as the Devils victory over the Rangers was for us, that isn't all that impressive to the outside viewer. You got to pick winner. Nothing wrong with thinking the Kings are the better team.

A lot of people are against the Devils. You're giving people in ESPN polls way too much credit for making a reasonable, unbiased decision with their vote.

I don't take anything that ESPN posts as credible. They had a poll on sports nation and people voted Jeremy Lin as the best point guard in the NBA :whistling:

Forget Polls. Forget Statistics. The game is played on the ice, so lets take the cup

Edited by grcenter47
  • Like 1

It was the same in 1995, 2000 and 2003

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/jun/04/sports/sp-devilrep4

"We're going to end it in six," Eisner was quoted as saying in a column by Larry Brooks of the New York Post under the headline, "Ducks talkin' quack." "We're going to end it here on Saturday night. We deserve to win it and we will win it."

Eisner, whose team often played to apathetic, half-empty houses during the regular season, also took time to disparage Devil fans.

"I was in New Jersey for the first two games," he was quoted as saying in the same article, "and the difference between our fans in Anaheim was just so obvious. I don't want to get into trouble, but our fans here were on fire and the fans in New Jersey were dead; they were dead.

"Even our fans were better than theirs were."