GDT SCF GAME 3: NJ DEVILS vs LA KINGS

lazer

The team that won twice wasn't scared to make a move to improve their team while the team down 0 - 2 doesn't have the guts to pull the trigger. Serious missed step by DeBoer IMO.

You need to play 41 games in the season or make a finals apprearance to get your name on the silver thing - this is about him getting his name on it, not just a ring if they win. Moose is in the same boat - stands to get a ring but no name on the thing when we win.

You need to play 41 games in the season or make a finals apprearance to get your name on the silver thing - this is about him getting his name on it, not just a ring if they win. Moose is in the same boat - stands to get a ring but no name on the thing when we win.

Those rules are meant to be broken.

l.jpg

Terreri saw no action in those playoffs, and the only game Brule played in his entire Devils career was in the second round -- not Final -- that postseason.

Those rules are meant to be broken.

l.jpg

Terreri saw no action in those playoffs, and the only game Brule played in his entire Devils career was in the second round -- not Final -- that postseason.

Isn't there a special rule/exception about backup goaltenders regarding the engraving? Unless they completely split duties they would never ever get their names on it.

I wonder why Sutter would even THINK about changing the lineup? :scratcheshead:

See the above pictures of the engravings? That's the Stanley Cup. I know your team is unfamiliar with it. Read the rules that are required in order to get your name engraved on the cup. Your Welcome.

See the above pictures of the engravings? That's the Stanley Cup. I know your team is unfamiliar with it. Read the rules that are required in order to get your name engraved on the cup. Your Welcome.

There are exceptions to the rule, though. Gagne, were the Kings to win without him playing in an SCF game, would likely still get his name on it if the Kings requested as much. Ditto us with Tallinder - injury special cases.

Isn't there a special rule/exception about backup goaltenders regarding the engraving? Unless they completely split duties they would never ever get their names on it.

I don't believe so, but you are allowed to petition for exceptions.

I think there's a vaguely written rule about "extenuating circumstances" like injuries or whatnot. But the fact that Steve friggin Brule is on the Cup shows that just about anyone can get an exemption.

And Gagne is a guy who's always seemed to have Marty's number. That, and the fact that he's a damn good forward, is why he's playing. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with Stanley Cup engravings.

Sorry man, you want to win the cup...not to be sorry if someone misses out. Totally disagree with your viewpoint. He's messing up with a line that can prove costly.

Because Gagne makes them better. Just because you won with a certain lineup doesn't mean you're going to keep winning with it.

This isn't late in the season or even the first round. LA is 2 wins away. Still disagree iwth it.

Plus, the guy hasn't played in MONTHS. And LA EXPECTS him to be ready for round 4 type play? Still disagree with it.

Maybe the guy who has been out for 5 months will get them that 2nd regulation goal, whatever. He's going to get hit hard tonight though, that's an absolute fact. Harder than he's been hit since returning to practice on 5/25. And it will only cost them a 4th line to get him a spot, so there's no guarantee he gets big minutes anyway.

Whatever reason they are throwing him in there, I really don't care. All I care about is winning the game, in regulation