GDT SCF GAME 3: NJ DEVILS vs LA KINGS

lazer

Yes we are a stanley cup finalist, but you can clearly see that there is something missing. Hopefully LL will find this "missing part".

But, we should all be proud of our NJ Devils who nobody saw in the SCF Finals.

Devils didn't really have a "missing part" in 2001 but still lost in the finals.

sh!t happens but I still have faith and still proud of what they accomplished this year.

Just got to win 4 straight. Someone is going to do it in the Finals at some point. Why not us?(it's a rhetorical question so don't bother responding)

Your lips to God's ears.

Wednesday is Game 1, and all we need is a sweep. The Devils have swept a better team than this in the Final before.

It can be done.

Wednesday ... Quick does down.

Your lips to God's ears.

Wednesday is Game 1, and all we need is a sweep. The Devils have swept a better team than this in the Final before.

It can be done.

The Devils were also a better, fresher team than they are now too. It is what it is, PDB 'has' to make lineup changes now, if nothing else to get fresh bodies in there.

Was prolly one of the worst calls i've ever seen and I strongly believe it had changed the rythm of the game.

In a way which it cut what ever momemtum the Devils had.

How can you not blow a fvcking play off when the ref behind the net CANNOT EVEN SEE THE fvckING PUCK IT'S RIGHT UNDER BRODEUR PAD, HOW CAN YOU NOT BLOW THE fvckING WHISTLE.

It's disgusting, '' I can't see the puck, let the play continue for another 3 secs where the player keep hitting underneath the pad to get the puck''

fvck Buttman, fvck CBC, fvck you CBC seriously, never seen such a fvcking broadcoast against the Devils, my god, I had to endure this sh!t the entire series vs the rangers where they never EVER spoke about the Devils, always about the fvckING RANGERS.

and they tell me that's a good goal?

fvck off.

I cannot agree more. The initial goal was pure, unadulterated bullsh!t. However, it happens and a truly great team cannot implode the way we did. A truly great team says, "that was bullsh!t, now let's shut up the refs, fans, and this bullsh!t opponent right now baby!". We were given about a seasons worth of penalties to do it and we got zip. That is on us.

• Like 1

Your lips to God's ears.

It can be done.

It's a longshot but not impossible. At this point just gotta believe.

Hoping the third period was exhaustion from surge after surge, but it could be overall fatigue has set in. The Rangers despite their multiple seven games series were playing stronger at the end of the series against the Devils. The Devils gutted it out. However, it appears little is left in the tank.

Game 2 was our game and we blew it. Tonight we stunk it up. Next game our boys will give them all they got. Looking forward to a game 5.

The Devils were also a better, fresher team than they are now too. It is what it is, PDB 'has' to make lineup changes now, if nothing else to get fresh bodies in there.

Tallinder in for Harrold, Sykora in for Josefson.

I don't like taking JJ out, but he's passed up on some glorious opportunities for the sake of an unnecessary pass too many times. And I still don't know why the Tallinder/Harrold switch hadn't been made sooner. Hell, dress Larsson for Fayne. Fayne's been decent defensively, but he's been a nightmare offensively every time the puck is on his stick. At least Larsson can put the puck on net.

Tallinder in for Harrold, Sykora in for Josefson.

I don't like taking JJ out, but he's passed up on some glorious opportunities for the sake of an unnecessary pass too many times. And I still don't know why the Tallinder/Harrold switch hadn't been made sooner. Hell, dress Larsson for Fayne. Fayne's been decent defensively, but he's been a nightmare offensively every time the puck is on his stick. At least Larsson can put the puck on net.

Fayne was ghastly at everything tonight.

Throw the house at them. Get fresh legs anywhere/everywhere we can.

At this point, I just don't want to see them get swept. But I guess Detroit fans were saying the same thing back in '95. It's a shiity feeling.

We'll see what happens on Wednesday.

I guess is personal preference i would prefer they just lose game 4. Thren they win game 4 and lose game 5, and have to give the cup to the kings in our building, i been there a couple times with soccer and sucks very much

Tetando do meu HTC EVO

After this, Quick will be regarded as the best goalie to have ever played in the Finals. You can see it already, with ESPN leading the way.

To bad he hasn't be tested in this round.

I guess is personal preference i would prefer they just lose game 4. Thren they win game 4 and lose game 5, and have to give the cup to the kings in our building, i been there a couple times with soccer and sucks very much

Tetando do meu HTC EVO

It sucked when we beat Dallas in their building...

The last time I was this deflated after a loss was when the Carolina Panthers blew out the Giants 23-0 in their own building back in 2006 in the Wildcard.

But this one hurt because the Devils just looked like a wounded animal.

Yea, we all know that it's not impossible to win 4 straight but the Devils just look gassed and intimidated. The Kings are in their heads much like how the Hurricanes were in their heads in 2005-06 when they lost. In fact, Quick reminds me alot of Cam Ward in that series. Should they win the Cup, hopefully they'll never sniff the playoffs again like the Canes too.

Edited by slasher72

Get Dustin Bifuglyn next year if he's available. We need someone with size and a mean streak.

Other than him.. anyone else who knows how to put the puck in net would be nice.

Eh. You brought it up. I've been wanting Byfuglien since 10-11 but I've been roundly thrashed.(Get it? Thrashed?) Anyway....

Need I remind everyone where out club was the season before? We missed the palyoffs. In the beginning of this season most "experts" expected us to finish 11th in the conference. Here we stand today, Eatern Conference Champions at the very least.

Hell! It was pretty scary the month before the playoffs because we kept going from 6th to 7th to 8th. No one recalls that we barely scratched by. If not for having the great record closing out the season we might have been out of the playoffs.

Now. We need, really need to get younger. I'm pretty sure we're one of the older clubs in the league. That's first order of business.