PDB lineup/strategy changes for Game 4

95Crash

Should PDB make any lineup changes for the next game? If so, who should he insert? Who should he sit?

Personally I think Kovy should sit again. He's obviously hurt. Maybe get him some of those mysterious treatments he took earlier in the playoffs and have him come back rejuvenated in Game 5.

Maybe get Tallinder in there, and move Harrold up to forward again? Or should Fayne sit?

What about strategy changes?

Thoughts?

Edited by 95Crash

I think so at this point. It can't hurt. We got fvcking smoked tonight.

Harrold for Larsson.

Fayne for Tallinder.

I can't see them sitting Kovy at all. He probably does need to sit as he has been ghastly on the puck for the most part, but there's no way he's coming out unless he can't move.

Yes and no, I think lineup changes will give them extra jump and it will put some fresh guys in. Why not change the lineup, nothing to lose now.

Yep, this is my viewpoint as well. Before this game I was completely against lineup changes, now I'll take anything to get a spark.

Yes and no, I think lineup changes will give them extra jump and it will put some fresh guys in. Why not change the lineup, nothing to lose now.

Exactly. And for the guys who will be here next year, the experience is invaluable. Not like you get to play in an SCF every day. Plus fresh legs never hurt at this point.

I wouldn't take Harrold out in a million years. Volchenkov (slow) or Fayne (terrible these playoffs) out, Tallinder in. Clarkson (sucks) out, Sykora in.

I could be convinced to take Volchenkov and Fayne out and put Tallinder and Larsson in but I'm not for it as of now.

Edited by ben00rs

Trade everyone!

HAHA! That would be awesome!

Headline June 5th 2012

In an effort to make a comeback the Devils have traded for Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Ryan Suter, Shea Weber, Pavel Datsyuk,, Zdeno Chara, Joe Thornton and Henrik Lundqvist. Their contracts expire in two weeks!

Parise-Henrique/Zajac-Kovalchuk

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Ponikarovsky-Zajac/Henrique-Clarkson

Carter-Josefson-Gionta

Tallinder-Fayne

Salvador-Larsson

Volchenkov-Greene

I don't know, perhaps try to go back to some stuff that was clicking earlier in the year at some point. Just try to get some sort of new dimension in there. Zidlicky hasn't looked great the past 2 rounds, Harrold hasn't been atrocious but he isn't producing any offense, and I'm not knocking Bernier but he is the most expendable out of the forwards imo. I like what Josefson has brought since his return.

The question is, do you coach to possibly win 1 or 2 games, or do you coach for the future. You can want to believe that we can win 4 straight, it's very romantic, but you are probably the same people that buy hundreds of dollars in Powerball tickets each time it get's crazy big. I would show some respect to the vets and the future. Let Hedi get some time, put Sykora in for Poni or Bernier and let Larson play for Volchenkov.

It is want is is at this point. Status quo isn't working. Do something.

Whatever Pete decides i Will be happy with. The guy sees through players every day. If he thought there were better options he would have made the change for game 3.

I am not giving up, but at the same time i am starting to accept we may have met our match. Our forcheck and pressure have got us this far. But we have run into a team who can handle it and give back in return.

The question is, do you coach to possibly win 1 or 2 games, or do you coach for the future. You can want to believe that we can win 4 straight, it's very romantic, but you are probably the same people that buy hundreds of dollars in Powerball tickets each time it get's crazy big. I would show some respect to the vets and the future. Let Hedi get some time, put Sykora in for Poni or Bernier and let Larson play for Volchenkov.

It is want is is at this point. Status quo isn't working. Do something.

IMO, DeBoer must coach to win the next game, no matter what. I'm not sure how that would conflict with the future, unless he did something crazy like sit Parise.

For the first time last night, I thought PDB looked a little lost behind the bench. Throughout most of these playoffs, his calm demeanor has been comforting. We sort of learned to trust that he knew what he was doing. Behind that stoic face of his, he had a plan. I guess last night's plan was if the Devils kept playing the same exact game, Quick would eventually crack.

But now that three whole games are in the books and the Devils have scored only two goals total, I hope PDB makes some sort of calculated change. I will be disappointed if he does nothing.

Edited by 95Crash

Players get frustrated, don't you think coaches get frustrated too? It was obvious that PDB was a bit off kilter in his press conference last night. His frustration was showing.

Good thing is that there's NO PRESSURE on the Devils at this time. Everyone in the world is ready to hand the Kings the Cup, maybe even before the drop of the puck on Wednesday. The Devs have to come out and bury a few (if Quick allows a few) and take it from there.

Will Farrell said that the Kings will win in 5. Let's hope we at least get that 1 game and go home to work on the other...