Parise will soon wear new jersey

eldon

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read, which is saying something for the Post. He fails to mention Zach saying multiple times he just wants to win, and the stability NJ suddenly has at coach, and pulls out "facts" that Єklund (2.3% accurate) would scoff at. Pathetic.

I love having Zach as our Capt. but should we pay out the wazoo to keep him here? Unless NY unloads a ton of salary, they don't have the capspace. Some team will probably overpay for his services. Lou has been very public about keeping Zach, but there is, and should be a ceiling to what we pay. imo

This will be the largest potetial audience for the NYCOMPOST to deliever thier world of makebelieve reporting.

After this week (N)(N)Єverson and friends are on vacation till September.

I'm shocked that Brooks would write a negative piece about the Devils. :whistling: This guy never had a clue, and Torts berating of him during press conferences is the only time I can stand a Ranger.

I'm sure this Sunday's piece by Mr. Brooks will undoubtedly blame NJ for the reason why the Stanley Cup TV ratings are down so much this season, despite the fact that (until the Finals) they've been one of the most exciting teams to watch in these playoffs. But with all of the negative attention the media has heaped upon this organization for the past 18 years (the trap, boring hockey, etc.), is there any wonder why the casual sports fan living in the middle of the country will not tune into any game involving the Devils?

If there was a picture dictionary entry for "Dweeby lil' noodge reporter", it'd be Brooks for sure. His picture in the Post actually does him a LOT of justice. It's not hard to see why the mere sight of him seems to anger Torts instantly.

Re: this article, it's a NY tabloid paper that has always reported on the Devils with some level of contempt...I'd kind of expect this...and all of the reporting that's been done on the Devils' financial situation, the Post has made it sound worse than everyone else. If I had to answer today, I'm guessing Parise's not coming back, and I'm also guessing when I see the contract he gets, I'm going to say "I'll miss him, but I can understand why Lou let him go."

I don't think it is going to cost us that much more per season to keep him. Though it would kill me to see him with Arnott and Langs in St.Louis. But, I don't want to think about it until AFTER the SC FINALS

My response to Brooks:

Brooks, are you an idiot or something? Your whole premise is based on the falsity that the date for the Devils loan structure is July 1st. Were you watching (AKA, DOING YOUR JOB) when the commissioner expressed to the media that July 1st is in fact NOT the date or deadline for any Devils financial matter. It's also a near certainty that you have absolutely NO idea what's really going on with the Devils ownership situation. Where'd you get the figures and numbers from? You think that kind of information leaves Devils offices? Do you realize that a bank that controls a large loan for a corporate enterprise is not going to talk to the media about it? If you want to find out why print media is failing, look in the mirror in the morning. Stop printing articles that have no facts in them. It's more of an opinion piece based off of where your allegiance lies. Millions of people can write the same CRAP in a blog for FREE. It's a shame you get paid to dish out BULLsh!t on a daily basis.

Players walk. We've seen that happen. It's not an unrealistic possibility that Zach finds other suitors, perhaps a team like Detroit or Nashville, especially if the latter loses Suter or Weber.

Parise might actually be a piece Nashville needs to go forward.

I also won't discredit the chance of him signing in a place like Toronto, although his personality doesn't meld well with that of Phaneuf or Kessel.

How about Colorado? Who knows. The point is that he can walk.

Its part and parcel part of the business.

If Zach leaves, we would have to focus our attention of acquiring a Grade A defenseman that can hit. A difference maker on the blue line, this until Larsson is ready to be that person.

I'm not so concerned about scoring on the blue line. I really want a d-man that can change the game with a hit (this is for changing momentum in games where we aren't scoring goals).

Henrique is a better playmaker than Parise. He's not as naturally gifted of a goal scorer, but losing Parise will mean that Henrique will have to come to prominence a lot quicker.

This also allows Kovy to shift back to the left side, and perhaps, give Tedenby one last shot to do something on the right.

I'll take Parise for $8 million per or less. More than that, let him walk.

In the meantime, lets enjoy game 4 and worry about this after the cup has been awarded.

LGD!