Can we get #4 to drop the puck before Game 5??

ThreeCups

Holy overreaction batman..Threecups' suggestion was innocent enough.

I'd love to see Stevens drop the puck. Because the Devils should celebrate their legacy in the NHL. Would definitely fire up the fans to see #4 walk out there.

Wow, some of you need to take the homer glasses off.

Wayne dropped the puck because it was THE FIRST LAK SCF GAME @ HOME IN ABOUT 20 years!

It took 5 seconds.

Now if it was NEids, Dano, or Scotty ask yourself if we would still be having this conversation?

This is a significant moment for LA, and yes Wayne is a part of that - it also represents growth of the game - all of that is good for both the NHL and NJ as well.

Get over it. "Classless" - is when you can't see beyond what affects your own team.

Not to mention that Dan Marino dropped the first puck at game 1 Devils-panthers. These types of classless acts got me so incensed that I was going to write a letter. ThenI realized that I actually didn't care and went on with the rest of my life.

The term "class" is the most over used word in fandom. LA Kings twitter tweets a jab at NJ, "CLASSLESS ORGANIZATION!" Jonathan Quick embellishes, "CLASSLESS PLAYER!!" Bailey the King of the Jungle hold of Jersey Shore heads, "CLASSLESS MASCOT!!" we all need to lighten up. As for the original post, I'd love to see Scott drop the puck. The crowd would go wild!

The term "class" is the most over used word in fandom. LA Kings twitter tweets a jab at NJ, "CLASSLESS ORGANIZATION!" Jonathan Quick embellishes, "CLASSLESS PLAYER!!" Bailey the King of the Jungle hold of Jersey Shore heads, "CLASSLESS MASCOT!!" we all need to lighten up. As for the original post, I'd love to see Scott drop the puck. The crowd would go wild!

Exactly, well put.

There are other franchises in the NHL you know.

.....and they like to take a brief moments to honor their traditions or history as well. Is it really all that bad?

Edited by DevilinLA

It doesn't take any time. Zach has to stand for 5 extra seconds, not the end of the world. I wouldn't mind seeing this every game of the finals if you had enough good players. We could do Scotty, Nieds, Dano, and maybe Sarge since he has 3 Cups.