GDT Game 5: LA Queens @ NJ Devils

mouse

You do realize he playing with an herniated disk right? Probably 2 of them? Yet he still leads the team in points this postseason. If not for him we'd probably wouldn't even be here.

Rich Chere is the only reporter to say he has a herniated disc (though he's reputable). Not sure why you think he probably has 2 of them. In any case that's a pretty good explanation for why he's playing so poorly, it certainly doesn't contradict the premise. He hasn't had a non empty net point in the finals and hasn't really had an impact anywhere else.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty is the reason we won. Kovy is not very good. When Salvador is leading th team scoring in the Final and Voynov is leading the Devils with 2G, you know something is wrong here.

This. Marty is carrying this team on his back. Kovy has been a non-factor. Injury or no injury. I could score an empty net goal. If he really is less than 100%, bench him and give another guy a shot at SCF fame. Are you sure this is the superstar ex-Thrasher Kovy? Because I don't see it.

So you're basically saying we should play our AHL lineup? Because no-one is 100% this time of year.

Exactly. Even him at 30% he is still worlds better than anyone who is out of the lineup now.

Whether is be a herniated disk or not, it is very obvious kovy is playing injured. While many will point that he only has one goal this series well parise didn't have one either until last night. The kings are a good team and frustrating to play against. We have now won two wins in a row against them and that is more than what their previous opponents can say. Let's get game 6 tomorrow.

This. Marty is carrying this team on his back. Kovy has been a non-factor. Injury or no injury. I could score an empty net goal. If he really is less than 100%, bench him and give another guy a shot at SCF fame. Are you sure this is the superstar ex-Thrasher Kovy? Because I don't see it.

Kovy has been a non-factor this series. As other have pointed out, he was HUGE all playoffs long. An injured Kovy is still better than 99.5% of players in the NHL...

Can we ban this guy already? Obviously a Flyers/Rags fans, prancing around as a "Devils fan"....

The Kings have a strong game plan. There's a reason they're in the finals, and led this series 3-0 at after three games. You can say Captain Obvious things like "Devils need more shots, Devils need to get 45+ shots on net a game, blah blah blah", but the Kings make it very hard...they're very fast and react well, and don't give you much space or time to do a whole lot. The Devils have done a great job coping with it, despite looking like the slower team at times...I think they're doing the best that they can. They turned the puck over a bit too much last night, but expecting the Devils to be perfect every single night and play mistake-free hockey isn't realistic.

The big difference between this Devils team and more recent Devils playoff teams, is that when other Devil teams looked like this one has at times during this series, it tended to snowball and get worse. This team doesn't buckle...they find a way to hang in there. Part of it was fortuitous bounces last night, but LA has gotten their share of luck too.

I don't expect the Devils to play perfect hockey every game. I do, however, expect the coaches and players to be prepared BEFORE the SCF and the Devils to correct their mistakes the next game. The only reason the Kings were up 3-0 is because the Devils played to Quick's strength for those three games: low shots. You got to elevate the puck on this guy, and they should've known that from the get-go. Game 1 wasn't the first time these Devils saw Quick. You don't wait until Game 4 of the SCF to start chipping away at a goalie's weakness. If the Devils shot high, screened and bumped Quick, and had more rebounds and deflections, the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions banner probably would've already been raised at The Rock. Both teams have had lucky bounces and calls. That's not even an issue. If the things I said were so blatantly obvious, then why am I the only one who says them? Answer: because I'm the only one who sees them.

So you're basically saying we should play our AHL lineup? Because no-one is 100% this time of year.

Sure, give a promising young stud a chance. Sometimes they're the key to success. Sure beats watching a limping Kovy out there who doesn't seem in the game. Sure all the guys are banged and bruised, but I meant their best health by 100%, not 100% fresh as a new car deodorizer. I think we can both agree that's not Kovy.

I don't expect the Devils to play perfect hockey every game. I do, however, expect the coaches and players to be prepared BEFORE the SCF and the Devils to correct their mistakes the next game. The only reason the Kings were up 3-0 is because the Devils played to Quick's strength for those three games: low shots. You got to elevate the puck on this guy, and they should've known that from the get-go. Game 1 wasn't the first time these Devils saw Quick. You don't wait until Game 4 of the SCF to start chipping away at a goalie's weakness. If the Devils shot high, screened and bumped Quick, and had more rebounds and deflections, the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions banner probably would've already been raised at The Rock. Both teams have had lucky bounces and calls. That's not even an issue. If the things I said were so blatantly obvious, then why am I the only one who says them? Answer: because I'm the only one who sees them.

Easier said than done about getting pucks by quick. Of course you try to shoot high on him and the devils knew this before the series started. The kings defense gave the devils very little room to do this and again elevating pucks while moving at high speeds is not an easy thing to do.

You also are the only one stating the obvious because by definition it is obvious and doesn't even need to be said.

Also banners dont get raised until the home opener of the following season.

Kovy has been a non-factor this series. As other have pointed out, he was HUGE all playoffs long. An injured Kovy is still better than 99.5% of players in the NHL...

Can we ban this guy already? Obviously a Flyers/Rags fans, prancing around as a "Devils fan"....

Yes, you got me. I'm clearly a spy for another team. I only watch every Devs game I can, pointed out all their 2012 SCF mistakes, and have been a Brodeur fan since his rookie year in 1991. Oh, and let's not forget my Brodeur jersey, Brodeur PSA Gem Mint 10 Score 1990-91 Canadian rookie card, signed copy of "Brodeur: Beyond the Crease," and the many other Devils collectibles, from pucks to keychains. Anyway...

Edited by PhillyDev

Easier said than done about getting pucks by quick. Of course you try to shoot high on him and the devils knew this before the series started. The kings defense gave the devils very little room to do this and again elevating pucks while moving at high speeds is not an easy thing to do.

You also are the only one stating the obvious because by definition it is obvious and doesn't even need to be said.

Also banners dont get raised until the home opener of the following season.

Not really. All you do is shoot high. After much practice, it's like second nature. I used to do this when I played. I was a sniper who averaged 7 goals a game in roller hockey--and I was a goalie. And I was an even better goalie. I only played skater for fun. I was so good, when I was just 14, I played in men's leagues. At first they didn't take me seriously and just gave me the net. Two minutes and two perfectly placed wristers under the crossbar in the right corner later, and it's 2-0. After that they had to double-team me, but I still scored a few goals a game. So if I was so good, why'd I stop playing? Money. Goalie equipment is expensive; and you can't go to school, work, and play hockey. Coach doesn't wanna hear his star goalie can't play 'cause he has to bag groceries tonight. These are professional hockey players, not Peewees. Watch Games 1-3 and you'll see all the shots are low, mid-level, or just wide. I know when the banner is raised, but it sounded good.

Sure, give a promising young stud a chance. Sometimes they're the key to success. Sure beats watching a limping Kovy out there who doesn't seem in the game. Sure all the guys are banged and bruised, but I meant their best health by 100%, not 100% fresh as a new car deodorizer. I think we can both agree that's not Kovy.

You b!tch about not taking high shots, then say take out the best shooter. You seem to think you're a genius, but miss more than Johnny Mac.

Not really. All you do is shoot high. After much practice, it's like second nature. I used to do this when I played. I was a sniper who averaged 7 goals a game in roller hockey--and I was a goalie. And I was an even better goalie. I only played skater for fun. I was so good, when I was just 14, I played in men's leagues. At first they didn't take me seriously and just gave me the net. Two minutes and two perfectly placed wristers under the crossbar in the right corner later, and it's 2-0. After that they had to double-team me, but I still scored a few goals a game. So if I was so good, why'd I stop playing? Money. Goalie equipment is expensive; and you can't go to school, work, and play hockey. Coach doesn't wanna hear his star goalie can't play 'cause he has to bag groceries tonight. These are professional hockey players, not Peewees. Watch Games 1-3 and you'll see all the shots are low, mid-level, or just wide. I know when the banner is raised, but it sounded good.

Lol whatever. If you equate NHL level skill to you scoring 7 goals a game in a men's roller hockey beer league then I don't know what to tell you and that is only if I believe or care about it.

You know back in the day I used to get hole in ones all the time during pitch and putt golf. I was so good I used to win rounds against Sam Snead and jack nicholas. However it was so expensive I had to give it up and now talk about how much tiger woods sucks on a golf message board

Lol whatever. If you equate NHL level skill to you scoring 7 goals a game in a men's roller hockey beer league then I don't know what to tell you and that is only if I believe or care about it.

You know back in the day I used to get hole in ones all the time during pitch and putt golf. I was so good I used to win rounds against Sam Snead and jack nicholas. However it was so expensive I had to give it up and now talk about how much tiger woods sucks on a golf message board

:giggle:

This guy is such a joke

I used to score 12 goals a game in roller hockey....

I was so good they said I can only play with a righty stick (I am a lefty)

They also said it was unfair to shoot on a goalie, so they sealed the covered the net in cinder blocks piled up. I still managed to score 8 per game

Yes, you got me. I'm clearly a spy for another team. I only watch every Devs game I can, pointed out all their 2012 SCF mistakes, and have been a Brodeur fan since his rookie year in 1991. Oh, and let's not forget my Brodeur jersey, Brodeur PSA Gem Mint 10 Score 1991-92 Canadian rookie card, signed copy of "Brodeur: Beyond the Crease," and the many other Devils collectibles, from pucks to keychains. Anyway...

WOW you have a Brodeur jersey too?!?! AWESOME! Also, Brodeur's rookie card is from 90-91 score....

You should send this post to Lamoriello, since you are such a genius you will be immediately added to the coaching staff! Do it quick, they will get you on the next plane to LA to ensure your brain power is behind the bench for Game 6!

You b!tch about not taking high shots, then say take out the best shooter. You seem to think you're a genius, but miss more than Johnny Mac.

Actually, I am a computer genius. All I do is win. I've amassed over a million dollars in sports gambling over the last 5 years, thanks to huge futures bonuses. I've correctly called the Super Bowl champion 4/5 times (I was wrong about the Pats last year; guess they really were spies) and the Stanley Cup champion 5/5. And what's most amazing, I called the Saints, Packers and Bruins at the start of the season. All the rest I called at either the middle or end of the season, or beginning of the playoffs. Also, I won 4 golds and 1 silver in all five of my fantasy hockey leagues. But I don't play anymore. It's too time consuming. And I won plenty of medals and trophies from my goalie years. I also have an IQ of 188. So yeah, I am a genius, and when I talk, smart people listen. I'm the best at whatever I choose to be. Kovy is the best shooter right now when all the guy does is turn the puck over? Buddy, go watch cartoons. I kind of feel bad correcting you all the time.

Actually, I am a computer genius. All I do is win. I've amassed over a million dollars in sports gambling over the last 5 years, thanks to huge futures bonuses. I've correctly called the Super Bowl champion 4/5 times (I was wrong about the Pats last year; guess they really were spies) and the Stanley Cup champion 5/5. And what's most amazing, I called the Saints, Packers and Bruins at the start of the season. All the rest I called at either the middle or end of the season, or beginning of the playoffs. Also, I won 4 golds and 1 silver in all five of my fantasy hockey leagues. But I don't play anymore. It's too time consuming. And I won plenty of medals and trophies from my goalie years. I also have an IQ of 188. So yeah, I am a genius, and when I talk, smart people listen. I'm the best at whatever I choose to be. Kovy is the best shooter right now when all the guy does is turn the puck over? Buddy, go watch cartoons. I kind of feel bad correcting you all the time.

:hail:

Quite frankly, you are....

THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD!!!

Does your beard stop growing once it reaches the perfect length too?

:giggle:

This guy is such a joke

I used to score 12 goals a game in roller hockey....

I was so good they said I can only play with a righty stick (I am a lefty)

They also said it was unfair to shoot on a goalie, so they sealed the covered the net in cinder blocks piled up. I still managed to score 8 per game

WOW you have a Brodeur jersey too?!?! AWESOME! Also, Brodeur's rookie card is from 90-91 score....

Good, you're paying attention. Was starting to think you were this dumb on purpose. Yes, it's 1990-91. It's gonna be worth six figures someday.

You should send this post to Lamoriello, since you are such a genius you will be immediately added to the coaching staff! Do it quick, they will get you on the next plane to LA to ensure your brain power is behind the bench for Game 6!

I guarantee you if I applied for a job with the Devs, they'd happily hire me.

I guess I must just stop posting here now since obviously I am clearly out of my league with a genius such as him.

I mean he does have a mint brodeur rookie card. The same one I find at every sports expo selling for $1-5 dollars a pop. I wish I was as cool a him to own one.

But would you want a job with them? You said you are a millionaire so why waste time there?

Man I hope this guy's IP gets blocked soon

Tell Lou you are taking over as GM....

and Marketing Director/President of Ticket Op/ and whatever other positions they can find....

You can clearly do them all 40403x better than whoever is currently doing them!

Man I hope this guy's IP gets blocked soon

Tell Lou you are taking over as GM....

and Marketing Director/President of Ticket Op/ and whatever other positions they can find....

You can clearly do them all 40403x better than whoever is currently doing them!

Not a challenge. He'd rather charge $100 an hour helping people install windows and get rid of malware through his "business"

NOW that's time well spent!

Yes, you got me. I'm clearly a spy for another team. I only watch every Devs game I can, pointed out all their 2012 SCF mistakes, and have been a Brodeur fan since his rookie year in 1991. Oh, and let's not forget my Brodeur jersey, Brodeur PSA Gem Mint 10 Score 1990-91 Canadian rookie card, signed copy of "Brodeur: Beyond the Crease," and the many other Devils collectibles, from pucks to keychains. Anyway...

and don't forget his autobiography:

"Shoot High On Quick. How I won the Stanley Cup"

and don't forget his autobiography:

"Shoot High On Quick. How I won the Stanley Cup"

We gotta make sure we are on line early for the first book signing. I will put it on my shelf right next to my signed copy of "BEYOND THE CREASE". The 2 biggest legends in NJ DEVILS HISTORY....Marty Brodeur & "PhillyDev"

Not to mention the most talented man there was, is, and ever will be. And I know you think we're just playing, but the truth is I've been completely honest about my skill-sets. So I guess what I'm trying to say is...you suck and I rule. Joke's on you. You should see how many messages I get from hot chicks in my inboxes. I'll share one with you now:

WOW! Can I just say you have the best profile I've ever read on here. I can't believe you are all those things. But if you really are who you say you are then you are going to make a woman very very happy. I wish I lived closer. :)

Last I checked this morning it was at 128 stalkers. I like to make women work for me. I love me.

Millbury has been saying to shoot high on Quick for the entire playoffs- along with just about every other commentator.