‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Agree as well. I don't think Lou will bother with the baggage that comes Semin and Nash would hurt us more than help us based on what Columbus is asking in return.

It would be smarter to see where Nash, or Ryan land and if these new teams have cap problems as a result of these deals.

Brunnstrom couldn't even make in Detroit playing with Zetterburg and Datsuyk. Even in Albany I would rather give the ice time to developing players.

Yeah i know, i was looking through what’s available, and saw his name. I remember the calamity there was to sign him. He had a good first season (39 points in 55 games) and though i wonder if he could get back to that level.

I thought low risk high reward, if it fails he can go put up numbers in Albany, where to be honest we don’t have that many forward prospects he would be taking ice time from, especially with Zharkov gone and Gionta graduating to the big club.

The thing that caught me by surprise was the level of immaturity that Parise seems to display. His quote, “Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, we’d say to each other wouldn’t it be great to play with each other on the same team.”

Really? Did you have friends in New Jersey? Wasn't it great to play with any of them? This is coming from the Captain of a professional hockey team while the season is underway? It’s like something Pee Wee players would text. Somehow I can’t see a Captain like Scott Stevens saying that. Sounds like a couple of giggling schoolgirls.

And his other memorable quote, “I know how great a player Ryan is, I played with him in several tournaments. To play with a player of that caliber, it’s a great opportunity.”

Uh, hello Zach...how about the great opportunity of playing with a player of Kovalchuk’s caliber? Several tournaments...? It almost sounds laughable.

The wisdom of hitching the rest of your career to your childhood BFF reeks of some type of arrested development and delusional thinking. Moving “back home” may be one thing but a professional athlete tying his contract to a friend’s because it would be "great to play together" just sounds creepy and weird.

The more this plays out and I read what went down and what Zach has to say, the more it seems he is just a kid with hockey skills. Adult leadership, honesty, integrity?.....nah.

THIS.

THIS. And this is the reason why I hate him

YUP.

There's a man who understands what just happened.

Many others, seem not to. That's their problem.

Zach knew THE WHOLE TIME what was going to happen and how it was going to happen.

Devils weren't even given a chance.

Kid is a fraud and a pansy.

Here's a noteworthy stat to keep in mind re the #Devils loss of Zach Parise. Over 24 playoff games, he was a MINUS-8. Adam Henrique, PLUS 12

@StanFischler

YUP.

There's a man who understands what just happened.

Many others, seem not to. That's their problem.

Zach knew THE WHOLE TIME what was going to happen and how it was going to happen.

Devils weren't even given a chance.

Honestly I wouldn't even waste your breath with Parise anymore. Like another poster said he is now part of the Devils past and no longer part of the present or future. Let's just worry about the players we have now and let's mark Nov 11th on our calendars when we beat Minnesota 6-1 and make Parise start second-guessing his decision :cheers:

Hypothetical Question:

If Lou and the Devils would have known about the Zach wanting to play with Minnesota before the trade deadline, should we have dealt him away to another team or kept him to see how far we would have gone in the Stanley Cup run?

YUP.

for going home? I dont think so.. I'd agree with you if he went anywhere else.. but not home.. Everyone wants to play for your child hood team, or your home team.. and I dont think he left for money.. 7.5/yr is what many of us thought he would get.

Honestly I wouldn't even waste your breath with Parise anymore. Like another poster said he is now part of the Devils past and no longer part of the present or future. Let's just worry about the players we have now and let's mark Nov 11th on our calendars when we beat Minnesota 6-1 and make Parise start second-guessing his decision :cheers:

Fair.

Hypothetical Question:

If Lou and the Devils would have known about the Zach wanting to play with Minnesota before the trade deadline, should we have dealt him away to another team or kept him to see how far we would have gone in the Stanley Cup run?

You keep him, similar to if you had made a big trade deadline acquisition who might walk, except he is free.

Good teams looking to make playoff runs add pieces, they don't send them away.

• Like 1

Where's the cap circumvention penalty on his contract, too? 12 mill first year all the way down to 1 mill the final year!

For the last time, the amendment to the CBA specifically sets out the parameters of long term frontloaded deals. If you are in compliance, no cap circumvention.

Edited by Daniel

Yesterday was tough. Having to rid myself of my favorite player everywhere. My avatars on various sites, my wallpapers, screen savers, shirts, pucks, and among other things my jersey needs to be changed. I admit I let Zach = The Devils and I should not have done that. I feel like I'm breaking up with half the team lol. We should get a giant box and meet at the Pru center then ship it to Zach with all our Parise sh!t in it. "All the things that remind us of you....p.s. don't call anymore". :giggle:

Yesterday was tough. Having to rid myself of my favorite player everywhere. My avatars on various sites, my wallpapers, screen savers, shirts, pucks, and among other things my jersey needs to be changed. I admit I let Zach = The Devils and I should not have done that. I feel like I'm breaking up with half the team lol. We should get a giant box and meet at the Pru center then ship it to Zach with all our Parise sh!t in it. "All the things that remind us of you....p.s. don't call anymore". :giggle:

You forgot you're avatar here. #insensitivity

You forgot you're avatar here. #insensitivity

The site wont let me change it. When I go into my profile it says access denied or something.

EDIT: "[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

Edited by NJDevils1214

I have worn my Parise Team USA jersey tee for the past couple of 4th of Julys. I begrudgingly wore it yesterday, for likely the last time. (I may wear it during the Olympics next time around, who knows) I have tons of Zach memorabilia that I do not want to look at for quite some time....

The site wont let me change it. When I go into my profile it says access denied or something.

EDIT: "[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

Yeah I think that's because DM has turned certain functions off because of the high traffic. Should be able to change it in a day or two.

Yeah I think that's because DM has turned certain functions off because of the high traffic. Should be able to change it in a day or two.

Add one more week of craziness & high traffic as we have sign Krys Barch..

For the last time, the amendment to the CBA specifically sets out the parameters of long term frontloaded deals. If you are in compliance, no cap circumvention.

Yep.

First: For long-term contracts extending beyond the age of 40, the contract's average annual value for the years up to and including 40, are calculated by dividing total value in those years by the number of years up to and including 40. Then for the years covering ages 41 and beyond, the cap charge in each year is equal to the value of the contract in that year.

This contract doesn't extend Zach beyond the age of 40, so this part doesn't pertain to him.

Secondly, for long-term contracts that include years in which the player is 36, 37, 38, 39 and 40; the amount used for purposes of calculating his average annual value is a minimum of $1 million in each of those years (even if his actual compensation is less during those seasons).

This contract doesn't have any seasons that drop below $1M, so again, is doesn't pertain to him.

I coulda swore there was something else in the amendments about how much the salary can drop from one season to the next, but can't find anything to corroborate that. In the end, it doesn't appear that there is anything in Zach or Suter's contracts that circumvents anything in the current CBA or the Kovy-inspired amendment.

Question:

Has any player past or present ever played Parise's style of game effectively beyond their lat 20's? I don't recall any...

The majority of forwards that seem to be effective past their mid 20's have great vision and shooting skills which I believe Parise lacked. Kovalchuk however has the skills that are effective as a player ages.

ZP's goals come from within 10 feet of the net, and he is going to have a harder and harder time getting those.

Edited by oofrostonoo

Yep.

I coulda swore there was something else in the amendments about how much the salary can drop from one season to the next, but can't find anything to corroborate that. In the end, it doesn't appear that there is anything in Zach or Suter's contracts that circumvents anything in the current CBA or the Kovy-inspired amendment.

I believe, without looking it up, the contract can't drop more than half of the average of the first 2 years of the contract, so Parise can drop 6 million a year, if that's the case.

I believe, without looking it up, the contract can't drop more than half of the average of the first 2 years of the contract, so Parise can drop 6 million a year, if that's the case.

If that's the case, then it could get a little tricky. In both of these contracts, the salary in each of the first two years is $2M. The other $10M comes from signing bonuses. I guess those all get lumped together for cap purposes? Because if it goes by pure salary, then the value wouldn't be able to drop by more than $1M a year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.