POD: Post of the Day

msweet

I've never met a more butthurt, bitter, self-righteous fanbase such as what the Rangers have going on. However I think it's fair to say that Flyer fans always give them a run for their money in the "stupidest fvcking people walking" category.

Flyer fans are brighter but more violent. They think that the Broad Street Bullies thing extends to them, which somehow gives them the right to sucker-punch fans who dare to wear an opposing team's jersey in their presence. They then act like they won a fight that their opponent never saw coming.

Ranger fans are just flat-out stupid and witless...at least most of the ones I meet sure are.

The difference being that I can actually talk hockey with some Flyer fans. It's been extremely rare that I've been able to do that with a Ranger fan...within minutes (if not seconds) it's about trapping, parking lots, attendance, and other nonsense.

Flyer fans are brighter but more violent. They think that the Broad Street Bullies thing extends to them, which somehow gives them the right to sucker-punch fans who dare to wear an opposing team's jersey in their presence. They then act like they won a fight that their opponent never saw coming.

Ranger fans are just flat-out stupid and witless...at least most of the ones I meet sure are.

The difference being that I can actually talk hockey with some Flyer fans. It's been extremely rare that I've been able to do that with a Ranger fan...within minutes (if not seconds) it's about trapping, parking lots, attendance, and other nonsense.

I wish someone could come up with a website that is like the Colin Campbell Wheel of Justice, but instead is a wheel where you spin and it lands on a different insult that you hear from Rags fans. Its always the same 5-10 insults they hurl over and over so might as well just spin it to see which Rags fan will say what.

I wish someone could come up with a website that is like the Colin Campbell Wheel of Justice, but instead is a wheel where you spin and it lands on a different insult that you hear from Rags fans. Its always the same 5-10 insults they hurl over and over so might as well just spin it to see which Rags fan will say what.

Made all the worse by that Noo Yawk accent 95% of them seem to have (even if they're not New Yorkers...just seems like Ranger fans talk like that just because). Makes what they say seem that much more abrasive and that much less intelligent, if that's even possible.

Made all the worse by that Noo Yawk accent 95% of them seem to have (even if they're not New Yorkers...just seems like Ranger fans talk like that just because). Makes what they say seem that much more abrasive and that much less intelligent, if that's even possible.

best is when they refer to "nyti faw"

best is when they refer to "nyti faw"

I gotta admit, took me a little while to figure that out...

You gotta have good understanding of terrible accents and doucheness when talking to Ranger fans.

I have heard that spoken like that before.

Oh trust me my entire family grew up in Brooklyn so I am quite fluent, but for whatever reason I did not even think of 94 haha, shows how much I care about that.

Edited by Zubie#8

Reading through the Game 6 Devils/Rangers GDT on the HF Ranger's board was one of the most satisfying experiences as a Devils fan...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1196487

Skip to page 6 for the real fun to start (it's when Henrique scored the OT goal).

The thread just gets funnier and funnier as it goes on.

I highly recommend reading this if you have the time.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Reading through the Game 6 Devils/Rangers GDT on the HF Ranger's board was one of the most satisfying experiences as a Devils fan...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1196487

Skip to page 6 for the real fun to start (it's when Henrique scored the OT goal).

The thread just gets funnier and funnier as it goes on.

I highly recommend reading this if you have the time.

"NO WHISTLE, WHY NO WHISTLE, they didnt blow the whistle, WHY NO WHISTLE"

:boogie:

"NO WHISTLE, WHY NO WHISTLE, they didnt blow the whistle, WHY NO WHISTLE"

:boogie:

I got in at the end...read Thunderhead's posts...that's exactly who I think of when I think of most Ranger fans.

I got in at the end...read Thunderhead's posts...that's exactly who I think of when I think of most Ranger fans.

One of my Ranger friends posted on my facebook, "Congrats you lost the Cup, I'd rather not even make it"

Like what a joke these 'fans' are.

I know i'm not living in Jersey...or in the Tri-state... or even in USA

I do understand the concept of rivalry

etc etc...

But when we should celebrate a damn hot season... few days after only, it's going back to " let's insult the Rangers" ... as it seems the best activity possible for a devs fan.

I'm not judging you (or not too much) and not blame anyone (or only in a sneaky way)... But sometimes, it's boring to see that many topic about Rangers.

But again, being far from there, not having co-workers that talk about rangers etc etc... gimme another perspective obviously.

etc etc...

But when we should celebrate a damn hot season... few days after only, it's going back to " let's insult the Rangers" ... as it seems the best activity possible for a devs fan.

I'm not judging you (or not too much) and not blame anyone (or only in a sneaky way)... But sometimes, it's boring to see that many topic about Rangers.

But again, being far from there, not having co-workers that talk about rangers etc etc... gimme another perspective obviously.

I'm with you 100% Sorry, this wasn't the POD. Not even close. There are 6 pages of great quotes celebrating an amazing run, yet a comment about Rangers fan is the "POD". Days after our season ends we have multiple threads either trashing the Rangers, finding where to get Rangers Suck merchandise, making fun of the Flyers etc.

I don't get why it bugs people so much. I don't live in NJ and haven't grown up with it. But I do understand rivalry, and what I understand of it, now is not the time for all this crap about the Rangers and their annoying fans.

That kid was the worst. Especially during the cup finals.

etc etc...

I grew up in Westfield, Union County which is Northern Jersey. About a 20-25 minute drive from NYC at the right time. Or a 1/2 hour train ride to Penn Station Newark and onto the Path.

I was the only Devils fan out of all of my Rangers fan friends. The team I played for (Cranford, Midget B circa 1990-1991) was all Rangers fans.

I understand what you are saying but the rivalry is very deep for some of us. The hatred is strong. I'm 37 now and it hasn't died down one bit in all these years. Well, to be honest I did feel a little bad for them during that stretch where they couldn't beat us for like 20 games in a row but I think that's more because I missed the actual rivalry.

I'm with you 100% Sorry, this wasn't the POD. Not even close. There are 6 pages of great quotes celebrating an amazing run, yet a comment about Rangers fan is the "POD". Days after our season ends we have multiple threads either trashing the Rangers, finding where to get Rangers Suck merchandise, making fun of the Flyers etc.

I don't get why it bugs people so much. I don't live in NJ and haven't grown up with it. But I do understand rivalry, and what I understand of it, now is not the time for all this crap about the Rangers and their annoying fans.

In bold: if you did, you'd understand it. There's a lot of Ranger fans here, and one is more annoying than the next. I'll be 42 soon, and I've been dealing with their nonsense for decades.

For us old-timer long-timers, the hatred comes and goes in waves. It's an easy fanbase to hate. Every now and then we gotta vent a little. It hasn't stopped us from the celebrating the magic of this run, but sometime the hatred boils over, so we vent, and then it's done for a while.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

In bold: if you did, you'd understand it. There's a lot of Ranger fans here, and one is more annoying than the next. I'll be 42 soon, and I've been dealing with their nonsense for decades.

For us old-timer long-timers, the hatred comes and goes in waves. It's an easy fanbase to hate. Every now and then we gotta vent a little. It hasn't stopped us from the celebrating the magic of this run, but sometime the hatred boils over, so we vent, and then it's done for a while.

Notice the only ones complaining are the fans that don't live here and didn't grow up here? There's a reason for that: they don't fully grasp it. End of story. If you don't live here or didn't grow up here, you really shouldn't comment about this particular subject.