2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

Signing Doan is pretty interesting to me, I don't know if he would actually leave after all those years with the Jets / Coyotes but at the right price (and 2 years max) I think he'd be a good fit.

I feel like he's gonna stay in PHX no matter what. He's suffered through some awful years and his team FINALLY made it past the 1st rd and all the way to the WCF. I doubt after finally seeing some success with them that he's just gonna up and leave.

The Top 5 Free Agents that I want:

1. Zach Parise (obviously)

2. Ryan Suter (a man can dream)

3. Jason Garrison

4. PA Parenteau

5. Jaromir Jagr

Would be nice if Garrison left the Eastern Conference all together. I don't want to see that shot in the playoffs again.

#canucks have tried numerous times RT @TEAM1200Ottawa: According to rumors out of NY, the Rangers are shopping Brandon Dubinsky aggressively

22 minutes ago

Source: Jeff Angus' Twitter

hmmm very interesting. He's probably who torts referred to when he said someone had either given up or stopped trying in the playoffs

hmmm very interesting. He's probably who torts referred to when he said someone had either given up or stopped trying in the playoffs

It might also have something to do with his $4.2M cap hit, lol. He also had a miserable first half to the season and only ended up with 10G and 34pts, which after getting that new contract for 3 consecutive 40-45pts seasons and a 54pts season last year, just isn't acceptable. In addition, he only played in 9 playoff games and while he was injured, he still only managed 2 points in those 9 games. That can't happen when your cap hit is that high.

TSNBobMcKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.

Teams that cant get Nash will start going after ryan. Wish i knew what ANA is asking for. It wud be great if we cud pick up a stud RW

TSNBobMcKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.

Teams that cant get Nash will start going after ryan. Wish i knew what ANA is asking for. It wud be great if we cud pick up a stud RW

I think I'd piss myself if we got Ryan. Even if we lost Parise, which I don't think we will, it'd be a big help to have another proven 30+ goal scorer on the team.

Just imagine this up front:

Parise-Zajac-Ryan

Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus

Elias-JJ-Clarkson

4th line

That being said. I can't imagine ANA is gonna take anything we'd be able to offer for Ryan. Although, it would appear as if they need more in their bottom 6 than they do in their top 6, so anything can happen I guess. I think a lot what ANA does will depend on if Selanne will come back for another year, seeing as he did put up a ton of points again this past year.

I was reading that Kovalev wanted back in the NHL. what about picking him up?

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Kovalchuk-Elias-Kovalev

Josefson-Henrique-Clarkson

CBGB

I think he'd play great with kovalchuk

He played 22 games last season and had 6 points.....in Russia. He's 39 years old. Just no.

Its a waste of a roster spot.

TSNBobMcKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) According to Finnish sports weekly @Veikkajaa and @vrantanen Teemu Selanne has decided to play one more year. Sounds good to me.

So yeah selanne is playing again. The thing i like the most about ryan is his cap hit. I think its only like 5m. And that compared to nash or what some of the free agents are ganna get is managable. Hes a great player at a good price

wow someone said it best.. if we were able to keep Parise and get Ryan, i would also piss myself.

i wonder what it would take

Thank you, I do have a way with words, lol.

To get Ryan, I think it's gonna take a higher end prospect+picks or a solid 3rd line type of guy or some combo of those three. Ryan is a bona fide 30+ goal scorer, he's big, he's a RH that's played both LW and RW in his prime at a reasonable cap hit. If he's on the market, there will be suitors, so it may be less what the Ducks are willing to take for him than it is what the market will give the Ducks for him.

Plus, even though he had an off year last year with only 57 points, after 64 and 71 points in the past two season respectively, it was an off year for Anaheim altogether, Selanne excluded. I think he's pretty much a sure bet for hitting 60-70 points each year, with them being split just about even between goals and assists, so he's a solid, balanced player that will be sought after by many teams. With the guys that are rumored to be available or soon to be UFA in Nash, Parise, Semin, he's gotta be right up there on every team's short list.

Edited by ATLL765

#canucks have tried numerous times RT @TEAM1200Ottawa: According to rumors out of NY, the Rangers are shopping Brandon Dubinsky aggressively

22 minutes ago

Source: Jeff Angus' Twitter

Rumor going around Twitter is that Dubinsky was in rehab for a drug problem lol

Rumor going around Twitter is that Dubinsky was in rehab for a drug problem lol

Recreational drugs, or something the Rangers doctors were supplying him with?

Anyway, I am hoping the Rangers sell Dubinsky for a pick. His salary is a tad high but he's the kind of forward they don't have enough of.

I'm so happy Lou takes advantage of RFA years with short term contracts instead of trying to get cute with long term deals that eat up UFA years like this. That's a huge commitment.

This deal is a bit high, yeah, but it's an unfortunate consequence of Karlsson having a ridiculous season.