2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

He's still in the league? After watching this guy play so poorly with the Rags a few years ago, I assumed he retired when he left there. Then I realized that he went to Calgary, which is almost the same thing.

Doesn't matter. He had a pretty good year this past season and that's all that matters. I think this contract is gonna look real bad, real fast.

5.5M per for Carle? I guess thats what happens on the a extremely small market.

Looking down the roster the more I think the more I think Lou should try to get Semin at a reasonable price. Maybe use Volchenkov/Kovalchuk as motivators to sign here.

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-Henrique-Semin

Tedenby-Josfeson-Clarkson

Bernier-Gionta-Carter

Even if Semin is iffy on his two way play he is with two extremely reliable two way forwards.

Lou should take the chance.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Too early to worry about next years UFA crop? Devils have Clarkson, Zajac and Elias all scheduled for 2013 unrestricted free agency. Ouch.

Just about the only time the national media's want to talk about the Devils is to talk about how the Devils will lose all their free agents. :lol: It's amazing that a team that people didn't think was very good, also is chock full of amazing free agents to lose.

Just about the only time the national media's want to talk about the Devils is to talk about how the Devils will lose all their free agents. :lol: It's amazing that a team that people didn't think was very good, also is chock full of amazing free agents to lose.

Add to that the narrative the media creates that the players can't wait to leave.

I think the more I think Lou should try to get Semin at a reasonable price.

We're not going to get him for a reasonable price. He's the #1 offensive FA out there right now with a bunch of teams that got shut out of the Parise chase and more teams that will not be able to trade for Nash or Ryan. The market is disgusting right now, so market value is high with so many teams having boatloads of cap space.

If we want Semin, we will have to overpay.