2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

The UFA market in Left and Right Wingers is starting to look like a wasteland with each signing. I don't know if Lou has any ideas. Eric Fehr is still out there. He could be a decent 3rd liner.

As far as Hemsky goes, you might as well forget about that. Tedenby or Janssen are going to be filling in for him for half the season.

could be rumours but i heard he was unhappy there and wanted out... but yeah... could be a rumour

Yeah I was just basing that off of the rumors that Kane wants out of Winnipeg. I should have made that clear in the original post.

That may do it for Winnipeg. Its tough to guess. I imagine we'd probably have to throw a pick in with that package. We'd likely get Kane and another guy back.

Maybe Zajac + Greene + Urbom + 3rd for Kane + Burmistrov, Jim Slater or Tanner Glass (3rd line center replacements when Josefson moves to 2nd).

Yeah I was just basing that off of the rumors that Kane wants out of Winnipeg. I should have made that clear in the original post.

Maybe Zajac + Greene + Urbom + 3rd for Kane + Burmistrov, Jim Slater or Tanner Glass (3rd line center replacements when Josefson moves to 2nd).

Tanner Glass is in Pittsburgh.

No chance of Burmistrov in that package. Slater would be a possibility. I dont know if they'd do two fwds though. It would probably be more like Kane and a junk prospect.

Hemsky would be much easier to get than Kane. I could see us getting Hemsky for Greene or Tallinder and a pick, but I imagine other teams would want to try for that too and may turn into a bidding war.

Interesting Huselius isn't mentioned on there.

They said "best" which he doesn't fall under.

A good plan would've been never signing barch, letting Sykora walk...and signing andrei kostitsyn. Perfect 3rd line RW for us

We could still get Kostitsyn, for cheap based on his poor reputation in the league, but I dont' think he is on Lou's radar based on that either.

I don't know if I would want Kostitsyn, in the playoffs for Nashville he didn't seem like a real team first kind of player (referring to when him and Radulov got suspended for a couple of games by the Predators for partying the night before a playoff game).

Kostitsyn might be faster then Sykora but he MAY also be lazier.

Then again the Devils might break him out of that funk. Who knows. I am convinced if Semin signs with NJ that "lazy" stigma he has would evaporate in no time. The same could potentially happen w/ Kostitsyn as well.

Kostitsyn might be faster then Sykora but he MAY also be lazier.

Then again the Devils might break him out of that funk. Who knows. I am convinced if Semin signs with NJ that "lazy" stigma he has would evaporate in no time. The same could potentially happen w/ Kostitsyn as well.

It's possible, but it seems like Kostitsyin and his bro always have issues. The Devils may not want to risk bringing that into a locker room that just lost a leader.

It's possible, but it seems like Kostitsyin and his bro always have issues. The Devils may not want to risk bringing that into a locker room that just lost a leader.

Yea, for me it's even simpler: could you really see that guy being a Devil?

Idk- they do have connections to the mob, like Lou. Oh wait, a different mob, move along!

If, and that's IF Lou has connections to any sort of depraved organization, which I have always suspected he might, I've always envisioned they would be of a more "infernal" nature; you know: less carnality and vice and more fire and brimstone.

He's played 41 games over the last two seasons. There's no reason he should be mentioned on there.

Well, he's had some good seasons, and a lot of players come back from bad injuries. He looks better to me than a bunch of the guys on that list.