Devils will likely draft a forward

caron14

Selon les propos de Claude Carrier, dépisteur des Devils du New Jersey auquel j'ai parlé hier, il dit qu'avec le 29e choix qu'ils ont décidé de conserver, les Devils sont en grand manque d'espoir à l'attaque.

Avec Johnaton Merrill et Adam Larsson à la défensive, il serait très surprenant de les voir repêcher un gardien. Et quand je lui ai posé la question sur le besoin des gardiens, il m'a répondu que oui Vasilevski et Subban sont intéressants, or les Devils sont en criant besoin d'attaque. Je vous rappelle que le meilleur espoir en attaque des Devils a 20 ans et il s'agit de Jacob Josefsson. Quant à Henrique et Tedenby, ils ont tous les deux 22 ans! Il m'a aussi répondu que la profondeur au niveau des gardiens est présente et qu'ils étaient très satisfait du développement de Scott Wedgewood (19 ans) et de Keith Kinkaid (22 ans - Albany).

It says that claude carrier told him that the Devils love their dept of defenceman prospect, goalie prospect and they would love to add forward (Tedenby, josefson andhenrique is likely not enough for futures offense dept)... They were satisfied of Wedgewood.

So i was likely wronf about Oscar dansk....

For those who don't know who Claude Carrier is (like me) here is his profileon the Devils site. Seems weird that someone in the organization would be so open to a reporter (? not sure who or what your source is) about something like this. Obviously, forward depth is the biggest weakness in the organization so it won't be a surprise to see that addressed.

Yeah well last year all we heard was how much the Devils loved Landeskog before the draft too, making sure he got drafted so Larsson could fall to us lol.

It would make sense to pick forwards since our depth there is nil but Lou and company NEVER draft for need. Especially since most of these guys won't contribute for a couple years anyway.

Yeah well last year all we heard was how much the Devils loved Landeskog before the draft too, making sure he got drafted so Larsson could fall to us lol.

It would make sense to pick forwards since our depth there is nil but Lou and company NEVER draft for need. Especially since most of these guys won't contribute for a couple years anyway.

I am sure the Devils loved Landeskog though. Every team did. This guy scored well on everyone's tests. Incredibly smart, skilled, future leader/captain etc. I think the Devils would have gladly taken him if he fell to them. He was the Avalanche's leader and best player down the stretch last year too.

Devils did love Landeskog, but unfortunately so did the Avs. Supposedly Devils had Landeskog and Larsson as 1a and 1b on their board. It's a moot point, but I think the Devils might have taken Landeskog if he was still there alongside Larsson. I don't think the Devils leaked their interest about Landeskog. It became apparent after the draft, that the Avs knew they were going to take Landeskog several days before.

I agree with taking the BPA with the first pick. I expect the Devils to address the forward issue with a bunch of American kids from the USNTDP and perhaps a Swede on the 2nd day. :P

I agree with taking the BPA with the first pick. I expect the Devils to address the forward issue with a bunch of American kids from the USNTDP and perhaps a Swede on the 2nd day. :P

+1 BPA with the early pick(s) is the way to go. We'll address depth with the later picks.

Dont give a damn what they say. We still need ONE GOOD defenseman. A compliment to the up and coming Larssen. I cant be watching Vidlicky dribbling off his foot for a whole season.

I LOVE Zid's skate work, yes he does it in situations where he should not but the man can pull it off. I remember a redirected pass he made off his skate from the point to Kovy on the half boards during a powerplay. I forgot what game that was.

Edited by Zubie#8

Dont give a damn what they say. We still need ONE GOOD defenseman. A compliment to the up and coming Larssen. I cant be watching Vidlicky dribbling off his foot for a whole season.

There is no one from the spot they are in that they can draft that would be able to step in like Larsson did. I think that the defensive group they have between Fayne, Tallinder, Greene, Zidlicky, Volchenkov, and Larsson is more solid than people give them credit for. I'm content heading into the season with that, hopefully signing Harrold as the 7th, and having Gelinas and Urbom waiting in the AHL. If you want another defenseman to get real excited about like Larsson, you'll have to wait for Merrill for a year or two. If he can keep his head together, it will be worth the wait.

Our defense is already pretty complete and solid for the future. I think the devils will go for a forward or a goalie.

As for Larsson he didnt have a bad first season, but I can't wait to see how he'll perform next year. I think he'll have a solid season.

Edited by Devs3cups

There are several good defensemen that are getting ready for their shot. Merril, Urbom, and Gelinas all have NHL potential.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He must be one badass FOOTball player. Hiyoooooooooooooooo!

In all seriousness if you like to drink, play chug a beer when Zids plays the puck with his skates.

I would'nt make it through the game.