GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

I think it's more about teams looking for a certain type of player in regards to forsberg.

Yea, sure, but the #1 ranked power forward dropping this far is a surprise. Its arguable that Forsberg is the BPA right now. The Islanders could've used Forsberg just as much as a D-Man.

Yea, sure, but the #1 ranked power forward dropping this far is a surprise. Its arguable that Forsberg is the BPA right now. The Islanders could've used Forsberg just as much as a D-Man.

True, I thought the isles would take him, but they make strange picks.

And wow did McPhee show the hate for Pittsburgh!!! Nice.

Anyone thinking the Devs might trade up? I still can't get my head around Lou not giving up that #29 pick. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out he dicided to keep that pick to be able to make a trade and draft someone better with a higher number.

Anyone thinking the Devs might trade up? I still can't get my head around Lou not giving up that #29 pick. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out he dicided to keep that pick to be able to make a trade and draft someone better with a higher number.

Yep. Since the day we announced we were keeping it, its exactly what I felt.

Grigorenko now gone. Buffalo.

I think Lou ends up keeping the pick and selecting someone at 29. I've felt that way since finding out he was keeping it this year. Just a gut feeling I have.

what the faksa matter with you...

yeah, cause otherwise were gonna land a gem...

There is a LOT of negativity around Subban. He's been called a headcase, and just today from the dude at Red Line Report who deemed him "terrible":

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/puck-daddy-chats-nhl-draft-guru-kyle-woodlief-155629235--nhl.html

What about another interesting name: Goalie Malcolm Subban?

I had Malcolm Subban going to New Jersey at No. 29, but he's not in our top 60.

We don't like him. He's got a terrible, terrible glove hand. As athletic and acrobatic as he is, there are a lot of holes in his game. He over-commits on every play, he's terrible handling the puck behind his net and confuses his defensemen.

But I think he'll get picked in the first round.

If we are going to take a goaltender, Id be much more satisfied with Vasilevski or Dansk. Obviously anything can happen with Subban being good, but there's negativity on him for a reason. And while it doesnt matter really, hes a Ranger fan lol. Let the Rags take him.

I've read a lot of good things about him... This was the only bad report I heard. The kids athleticism trumps the rest of the competition. He has time to learn the position plus get coaching from one of the best to ever lace them up. I remember Marty's attitude issues when he was teen also... At 29 you're not getting anything that doesn't need polishing...

I've read a lot of good things about him... This was the only bad report I heard. The kids athleticism trumps the rest of the competition. He has time to learn the position plus get coaching from one of the best to ever lace them up. I remember Marty's attitude issues when he was teen also... At 29 you're not getting anything that doesn't need polishing...

I dont disagree with that, but if we can get Vasilevski or Dansk, I think they would be a better choice, if we are going goaltender.