GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

Lou won't pick anyone we expect! He's a crafty one. I remember the year we swore we were getting Carlson and Lou kept trading down. Or the year people expected him to take Pickard and he took Merrill.

I remember the wedgewood pick coming out of nowhere too.

Yeah, I wanted Carlson so bad in that draft too. Then Carlson was still there, and we went Tedenby. It's still a little early, but...I think I'd still rather have Carlson.

Yeah, I wanted Carlson so bad in that draft too. Then Carlson was still there, and we went Tedenby. It's still a little early, but...I think I'd still rather have Carlson.

Yea, unquestionably. I was MAD when we had the chance to take Carlson and didnt.

Yea, unquestionably. I was MAD when we had the chance to take Carlson and didnt.

So was I. I remember thinking to myself when we went with Tedenby over Carlson (who I never really heard of at the time) "this kid better work out". Not working out so far.

Why would NJ save their pick for this draft when they are 29th? If this pick isn't part of some trade, I am thinking Lou might like a goalie.

My belief for them holding the pick is he may believe that he can get out of the draft pick penalty upon the new CBA being ratified. Thats completely a guess, but Id not be surprised if he's waiting as late as possible for something like that.

The player we take this year IMO is completely up in the air. Id be more surprised if a goaltender is taken than a forward though.

There's no suspense....you know the Devs are going to pick Matteau's kid. It's destiny. :whistling:

L.A. Lariviere ‏- Montreal reporter just tweeted:

Les #Habs et les Devils veulent Stefan Matteau. Des enchères se trament. MTL (33, 51) repêche au 2e tour tandis que NJ détient le 29e choix

— L.A. Lariviere (@L_A_theRiver)

June 23, 2012

"Les ‪#Habs‬ et les Devils veulent Stefan Matteau. Des enchères se trament. MTL (33, 51) repêche au 2e tour tandis que NJ détient le 29e choix"

English:

"Habs & Devils want Matteau. MTL trying to move up as NJ holds 29th overall pick. MTL has 33rd & 51st picks (round 2)"

Edited by thefiestygoat

Yes yes, we know. Pittsburgh is the most bestest ever. UGH it's June and I'm already sick of them again.

I know it's the draft and all, and hype is obviously the word of the day...but would it kill Pierre to temper that enthusiasm just a tad considering these guys still need to pan out? Judging by the way he's talking, all these D prospects for Pitt are going to make the team out of camp and shut down every team like it's nothing.