GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

Wonder if Twitter is playing up with racist comments from Boston fans like it did when Joel Ward scored. :whistling:

These first round in the NHL draft are becoming more and more of a marathon to watch every year. Also the fact that it is getting bounced around from channel to channel doesn't help.

I agree. There should be no reason that they can't put a real time limit on each pick and end this thing at 10pm. I haven't even been watching it, I just jumped on here to see who we drafted and it's still going on.

Anyone interested in the other Zharkov? He's a pretty big guy who plays a power forward game. He seemed to be invisible on a few shifts though. My scouting experience of him is roughly 3 games during WJC so take it for what it's worth.

Not with the 29th overall pick but for sure with the 2nd round pick.

The only reason I'm still sitting here (and it's 4:30 am, lol) is because the Devils are picking this late. Were they #15, I'd be asleep right now. :P

I'm really pulling for Matteau now, just for the hell of it. :P But if Phoenix doesn't take him, it's the Rangers between them and us and how can you see them passing on that guy? Ironically, it didn't occur to me until like an hour ago that this draft class was born in 1994, too...

NHL needs to go to the NFL/NBA model, just have the damn commissioner or some other flunky announce the picks. No need for every damn GM and his entourage to come up, thank Pittsburgh, congratulate the Kings, and talk about retired players like the Canucks did.