GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

Would you rather be sittign here with Colin White on the roster and being owed 3 million? We lopped off 2 million and got him off the team. I dont see what you're complaining about. Its small potatoes. If we were still paying him 3, Id agree.

I agree it was the right move - hell I wanted him off the team 2 years ago.

I just find it amazing how some teams can move dead assets and still get something back.

... and yes I do understand the difference between Mick and White.

I just find it amazing how some teams can move dead assets and still get something back.

I get you here. The Malakhov move is more perplexing in this respect. But in ref to this, Michalek is/was not a dead asset. Hes younger and has both eyes, plus he contributed and played 20+ mins a game. Michalek also had a NTC. White was waived because no one wanted him.

Well i am watching a live TSN feed , and for some reason we never went to adverts, and i got to watch all the pannelists talk candidly about tonights draft.

Interesting things i heard, someone said that the switch off after the 12th pick.

James Dutihie had some pretty, shall we say, "interesting" things to say, the best was when said the Jordan Staal trade saved the whole evening, otherwise it would have been terrible.

And I heard Pierre say he spoke to Ray Shero and he said that the yandel deal was "complete Bull $hit".

It was pretty funny, watching them prep for the show to restart. It was like

That's pretty funny. That sometimes happens to me when I stream things live. Anything else noteworthy during the breaks?

As for anyone complaining about the Devils drafting Matteau's kid...give me a break. Who cares who is father is.

That's pretty funny. That sometimes happens to me when I stream things live. Anything else noteworthy during the breaks?

As for anyone complaining about the Devils drafting Matteau's kid...give me a break. Who cares who is father is.

It was only happening after the last pick.

It was difficult to make out at times as he wasn't always holding his mic.

He was defiantly making off camera comments. He made it pretty clear he was bored .

Dansk was first pick of 2nd round by the BJ's. Surprising since they traded for Bobrovsky, but hey.

Smart pick though. Dansk will have time to develop and hopefully bobrovsky will be able to play often enough that Columbus can spot start mason and bring his confidence up.

Glad to see someone finally took Jarrod Maidens. Guy has first round skill, fell to the third with injury concerns. Could be a steal. I was really hoping he'd be a Devil.

I'm generally not the "we don't get enough attention" kind of guy, but the incessant Penguins ass-kissing is nauseating, even to me. Hopefully it's just a product of the draft being in Pitt, but I doubt that.

Look folks, Mario and Shero are not these huge geniuses. Their core is entirely the product of being a godawful team for a long stretch of time. Let's not talk about the awful move of using the number 1 pick in the best draft in 20 years on a goalie (although if you believe in the butterfly effect, maybe they don't get Crosby). Going after Suter or Parise is about as obvious a move as the Yankees signing CC Sabathia.

I'm generally not the "we don't get enough attention" kind of guy, but the incessant Penguins ass-kissing is nauseating, even to me. Hopefully it's just a product of the draft being in Pitt, but I doubt that.

Look folks, Mario and Shero are not these huge geniuses. Their core is entirely the product of being a godawful team for a long stretch of time. Let's not talk about the awful move of using the number 1 pick in the best draft in 20 years on a goalie (although if you believe in the butterfly effect, maybe they don't get Crosby). Going after Suter or Parise is about as obvious a move as the Yankees signing CC Sabathia.

I really can't take the hockey media. I really can't. It's been an absolute infomercial for the Penguins.

I really can't take the hockey media. I really can't. It's been an absolute infomercial for the Penguins.

It's fvckin unbearable.

Like hey why don't you guys focus on teams that didn't get abused and embarrassed in the playoffs

Edited by Onddeck

just be patient! the draft will be in NJ next year so it means its gonna be our turn and we'll get all the focus to ourselves right!?!...................... right?

Glad Nick Ebert got drafted, even if it was last overall. He's a Jersey kid and I'm surprised he fell to the point of almost not getting drafted.

One other thing I'll add, wouldn't it have been cool if the when the broadcast replayed Mario getting drafted that it be followed by the mentioning of the FACT that the Penguins intentionally lost games to have the worst record in the league that year. I can dream can't I.