Nhl All-star Starting Lines

exit_16w

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah 3 GWG's out of 3 goals isnt AllStar quality yet.... :unsure:

You honestly think Elias should be an all star with his play so far, NJay? You know there are 14 other teams in the Eastern Conference, you should probably check them out once in a while. There are probably 20 forwards in the East that have gotten off to a better start than Elias.

I think Elias will make it.

He's pretty much thought around the league as an upper-tier left wing and I think the game-winning goals he's had show it.

He's working pretty hard out there. You know with the added defensive pressure on him, to still get open is a pretty hard thing to do, yet he's able to make some moves.

He's also stepping up on the team front. I really don't see him not going.

He's had an all star season so far, but I doubt he'll get voted in with Rag, Flyer, and Leaf fans stuffing the inbox, they'll simply overwhelm devil fans. He might go as our only representative though, every team has to have 1 right, or did they change that rule when they changed back to East vs. West?

NHL polls open tomorrow for voting on the all star starting line ups. 6 Devils made the ballot. They are Joe Nieuwendyke, Patrik Elias, Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer, Brian Rafalski, Oleg Tverdovski, and Martin Brodeur.

:P:P:P I thought that it was seven :D:D:D

...and I repeat....

BRYCHEESE!!

Jeez you guys are always complaining about how this guy is such a huge unsung hero, yet you won't even recognize to be on the All Star team this year! If there's a player that deserves it, then it's Brylin!

You make a good point but I'm not surprised he's not listed. All-Star ballots always list the superstar name players on each team. Unfortunately, Brylin isn't one.

You can write him in if he keeps up his terrific play :) .

Only Rafalski will make it. Elias hasn't shown anything of any ALL-STAR quality.... yet.

You lose more credibility here.

Dage, I don't get it at all.

A whole lot of people on this board don't seem to see that we have an exceptional player on this team. Don't seem to see that he manages to get himself free despite the fact that he's being keyed on. That he's playing hard every shift. And that he's taking his A very very seriously.

It boggles my mind. My non-Devils hockey friends all see it. But a great deal of (not everyone of course) Devils fans here don't.

I suggest watching him when his line is out there. Cause the other two are the ones who are freed up by what he does.

By the way, he's had three game-winning goals (all of which he earned and was not gifted) in eight games. Boy does he SUCK!!!!!

Jeez you guys are always complaining about how this guy is such a huge unsung hero, yet you won't even recognize to be on the All Star team this year! If there's a player that deserves it, then it's Brylin!

Brylin is the unsung hero for a reason. Cause what he does is unsung!!!!

Now I was just talking about Elias and how many non-Devs hockey friends know all about him.

They haven't a clue about Sarge. I'm waiting for him to school ALL of their teams this year.

Brylin is invaluable. But he does it so quietly and with purpose that it's easy to overlook. Of course, not to us. :)

DP, the people who say Elias doesn't deserve an All-Star nomination after one freaking month of games played have no patience. One month doesn't make a season.

They also don't have an appreciation for #26.

On your last post, you misquoted me. That was RoughDraft and she's correct about Brylin.

Brylin is the unsung hero for a reason. Cause what he does is unsung!!!!

Now I was just talking about Elias and how many non-Devs hockey friends know all about him.

They haven't a clue about Sarge. I'm waiting for him to school ALL of their teams this year.

Brylin is invaluable. But he does it so quietly and with purpose that it's easy to overlook. Of course, not to us. :)

dp, that was me, not Derek.

I understand he's an unsung hero for a reason, but I always figured that was viewed more by the NHL than us. We know what he is capable of, we are the ones who are fortunate to see him night in and night out with the same, amazing effort. Brylin has been one of the, if not THE MVP of the Devils this season, and he deserves recognition here....at least by us. :)

Only Raflaski will make it. Elias hasn't shown anything of any ALL-STAR quality.... yet.

You lose more credibility here.

Bullsh!t.

He can't score on a breakaway against Kevin Weekes to tie up a game in the 3rd.

He fans on shots so many freaking times.

The goal in OT against Nashville was cause the Nashville defenseman smacked Elias's stick and that caused the puck to go into the net. Plus, the Devils wouldn't even be in OT if it wasn't for Elias's illegal stick. Why does he use an illegal stick if he still can't score with it.

That goal against Tampa was just a chip into the net. Anyone could've put that in, he was just in the right spot at the right time. Also, it was the Tampa's defesman's fault for not picking him up.

Elias looses the puck too much. He tries to gain the zone by himself only to lose it. He tries to deke people out with no avail. He shoots wide countless times.

If you look at true ALL-STARS like Sakic, Sundin, Bertuzzi, Jagr, Tkackut, etc. They go on the ice and simply dominate like no one else. I saw Sakic score a KILLER goal last night. He is a true sniper and All-Star. Sundin can put the puck in the net from all different angles, simply great accuracy. Bertuzzi can put up 30+ goals and hit like Holik. Jagr doesn't hit that much, but he is BIG when he has the puck. He can score, deke people out, he is the whole package. Those are true all-stars that make a huge impact every time they go on the ice and give 100% effort.

I look at Elias and he doesn't look dominant at all. He is a great player, but not all-star quality.

As I see it now, Ralaski and Brodeur are the only All-Star quality players on the Devils right now.