Fayne out 3-4 months

ghdi

He was one of the guys that I didn't think was playing injured. Looks like he'd only miss the first month or so of the season if it begins on time which I doubt happens. The work stoppage could actually help the Devils get their guys healthy for next season if they play a half year.

Wow, that's a surprise. Didn't think he was hurt at all, but, as Maddog said, it would explain his pretty lousy showing in the finals.

I'm afraid of the seemingly inevitable "Kovalchuk out for 6-8 months after back surgery" tweet from tg.

Now how does this affect their contract negotiations. Do the devils on offer a 1 year? Or do they possibly offer him a lower salary because of how this might affect his game. Or do they just go about contract negotiations like they normally would have?

It doesnt sound like a major problem. I imagine it will not affect his negotiations in the slightest.

Of interest, TG just tweeted that no other Devils require surgery, but they're waiting on 2nd and 3rd opinions. Im a tad surprised at that because of Kovy, but its obviously a good thing if no one else goes for surgery.

Hmm I guess that may have contributed to missing that wide open chance in game 1. That would explain the whole finals for him really. I'm surprised not to see Kovy needing surgery and I'm also surprised not to hear about Zajac not having something wrist related. He really took a whack in game 6 vs. the Rangers and wasn't quite as effective after that. But no other surgeries = great.

I really don't get why people think Fayne had a bad finals. Fayne and Greene were a terrific pair the entire playoffs...

:noclue:

He was solid, my only issue was he whiffed on at least ten shots during the playoffs, maybe this explains is. (not talking about the wide open net gaffe).

From a totally crass standpoint, the one good thing is that Fayne's cap hit won't be as high with injury concerns, etc.

What concerns? This could be/probably is a very small problem and lots of guys have had surgeries and not missed a beat. He played through the injury and played all 82 games in the regular season. I don't think this has any affect on his negotiations. He's an RFA and wouldn't break the bank with his new deal anyway.

I'm afraid of the seemingly inevitable "Kovalchuk out for 6-8 months after back surgery" tweet from tg.

I doubt it will take that long but if he his having surgery it would be nice for him to get there so he does not lose much time. If he goes now hw WILL be ready for the beginning of the season. If it is a run of the mill herinated disk. If ANY type of complications THEN the problems begin.