Oates new Caps coach

NJDevs4978

I thought Adam Oates couldn't be made head coach because he's got Irish blood. In order to be made, you've got to be 100% Italian so they can trace your family back to the Old Country.

This place just started liking him and now he's leaving. Shame.

• Like 1

I thought Adam Oates couldn't be made head coach because he's got Irish blood. In order to be made, you've got to be 100% Italian so they can trace your family back to the Old Country.

As far back as he could remember, he always wanted to be a head coach.

This place just started liking him and now he's leaving. Shame.

Nope. It's either or.

Puck Daddy just re tweeted this..

OMG HE SAID "US" ‪#StillGoingToPitt‬ RT @JoshRimerHockey Parise on Oates hiring, "He will do a great job there. It is a big loss for us...

OMG HE SAID "US" #StillGoingToPitt RT @JoshRimerHockey Parise on Oates hiring, "He will do a great job there. It is a big loss for us...

— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski)

June 26, 2012

Puck Daddy just re tweeted this..

OMG HE SAID "US" ‪#StillGoingToPitt‬ RT @JoshRimerHockey Parise on Oates hiring, "He will do a great job there. It is a big loss for us...

OMG HE SAID "US" #StillGoingToPitt RT @JoshRimerHockey Parise on Oates hiring, "He will do a great job there. It is a big loss for us...

— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski)

June 26, 2012

:cheers:

He says too many subtle things to be leaving for another team.

As far back as he could remember, he always wanted to be a head coach.

Once he gets there, he'll order some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and all he'll get is egg noodles with ketchup.

So when does the parade of ex-Devils potential coaching suggestions kick off....

Brylin

Holik

Fetisov

:giggle:

Please Lou - someone from the outside with no ties to NJ!

You mean like Larry Robinson, who's been here and back as many times as Billy Martin was with the Yankees?

Or Dave Barr, who played for NJ for 2 seasons and is widely credited with running the penalty kill, which ended up with the best results of all-time?

Or even Mike Haviland who was drafted by the Devils ages ago.

Lou's been in the business for 25 years. It's just more likely that he hires someone with ties to the organization for this job. And I don't see why it would be a bad thing.

I don't have enough of an insiders view to know if the loss of Oates is big or not. Regardless, he was part of the team which had a great run and I would never hold it against an assistant coach to leave to take on the head coach position. Wish him well except in a few games a year.

You mean like Larry Robinson, who's been here and back as many times as Billy Martin was with the Yankees?

Or Dave Barr, who played for NJ for 2 seasons and is widely credited with running the penalty kill, which ended up with the best results of all-time?

Or even Mike Haviland who was drafted by the Devils ages ago.

Lou's been in the business for 25 years. It's just more likely that he hires someone with ties to the organization for this job. And I don't see why it would be a bad thing.

See Maclean, John (head coach of course)