WORST case

JakeDev

If Marty leaves and so does Parise..... our team would obviously take a huge hit. What would our money situation look like? Would this not give us a lot of money to maybe get someone big? If Marty and Parise leave does this mean we take a stab at Luongo ?

I'll bite. There is no possible worst case, if Parise signs, Brodeur may leave, if Parise walks, we will sign Brodeur.

Luongo would be disastrous, he will have the pressure of having to win every single game to make the fans happy and will be booed with any bad streak. His contract sucks too.

• Like 1

If Marty leaves and so does Parise..... our team would obviously take a huge hit. What would our money situation look like? Would this not give us a lot of money to maybe get someone big? If Marty and Parise leave does this mean we take a stab at Luongo ?

Not a chance on Luongo.

I guess technically the worst case would be both leave. All the pre-season mags will have us ranked 12th or so in the Eastern Conference or in the case of the guy filling in on Hockey Central At Noon today, he said we could be in on the Nathan McKinnon (sp?) sweepstakes as the 1st pick in next years draft.

In reality though, if Sal, Marty and Parise all leave, I still think we'll have the exact same regualr season we just had. Yeah, we may lose Parise but we just went most of this year without Zajac. Just slide Elias back to LW and move Henrique up to 2nd line C. Brodeur had a nice playoff but we'll be able to replace his regualr season productivity pretty easily. Also, I'm excited because I think we're finally back to playing legitimate NHL players on our 4th line which we didn't do until the playoffs this past year. I look for us to finish 6th again next year and then I'll go into the playoffs thinking I'll be happy just to get to the second round, just like this year.

Edited by Lateralous

I guess technically the worst case would be both leave. All the pre-season mags will have us ranked 12th or so in the Eastern Conference or in the case of the guy filling in on Hockey Central At Noon today, he said we could be in on the Nathan McKinnon (sp?) sweepstakes as the 1st pick in next years draft.

In reality though, if Sal, Marty and Parise all leave, I still think we'll have the exact same regualr season we just had. Yeah, we may lose Parise but we just went most of this year without Zajac. Just slide Elias back to LW and move Henrique up to 2nd line C. Brodeur had a nice playoff but we'll be able to replace his regualr season productivity pretty easily. Also, I'm excited because I think we're finally back to playing legitimate NHL players on our 4th line which we didn't do until the playoffs this past year. I look for us to finish 6th again next year and then I'll go into the playoffs thinking I'll be happy just to get to the second round, just like this year.

Boy, get to the SCF and get no respect at all. Fvck that Guy!

The 1st overall pick? Really? It's absolutely amazing the lack of respect. I'm convinced we could win 4 straight Cups 80's Isles style and people would still talk about us like this.

Jeff Marek said it in the context of (paraphrasing) "It could be an incredible story of a team going from the Stanley cup to the Nathan McKinnon sweepstakes in a year if they lose Brodeur and Parise." Talk about overreaction.

Worst case is we go through all of this and don't get a new owner.

You guys don't get floor psychology. If the asking price isn't too high, they definitely could end up with Luongo.

Luongo's salary is 1.5M above his cap hit. The floor isn't staying where it is. You are going to see lots of teams under the floor when the lockout happens.

Edited by Triumph

You guys don't get floor psychology. If the asking price isn't too high, they definitely could end up with Luongo.

Teams trying to attract investors don't trade for a 33 year old "backup" with 10 years left on his contract. That still 40-50 million of real money any way you look at it.

Edited by Lateralous