If you want to know what the Devils will be like without Parise..

metallidevils

Sigh. I wish I could agree with this. Parise was great in this playoff run, and we're all lying to ourselves if we say otherwise. Doesn't mean the Devils won't be fine without him, but don't try and rewrite history to smear him. He was great in NJ. We'll all miss him. Now we have to suck it up and move on.

Sigh. I wish I could agree with this. Parise was great in this playoff run, and we're all lying to ourselves if we say otherwise. Doesn't mean the Devils won't be fine without him, but don't try and rewrite history to smear him. He was great in NJ. We'll all miss him. Now we have to suck it up and move on.

Watch the finals again. He was our captain and didn't do sh!t.

Sorry....can't agree with Great...my opinion.

Watch the finals again. He was our captain and didn't do sh!t.

How can you say that? He was clearly the star of the team this playoffs. He showed true poise in burying those empty netters and not picking up the Prince of Wales Trophy and....yeah...that's all I've got. He was awful. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. He was the anti-clutch.

If you think Parise didn't show up in the playoffs...you just want to believe something. He was the best player on the ice in countless games. He saved the entire team's season breaking up a 2-on-1 with a ridiculous back check. He was lights out in the Flyers series and had a few very good games against the Rangers.

But at the end of the day, having him with an injured Kovy was not going to work. The two together didn't really work all season. Their games are polar opposites.

Yes he didn't have a good finals, but neither did pretty much anyone on offense. But without Parise, this team loses against the Panthers.

you can say what you want but this team coming up won't be like it has. We lost our heart and soul and to say he wasn't a factor in the playoffs is a joke in my mind. He work so hard creating chances. Florida series who back checked right before Zajac scored the game winner in game 6. Parise was big in other ways.

you can say what you want but this team coming up won't be like it has. We lost our heart and soul and to say he wasn't a factor in the playoffs is a joke in my mind. He work so hard creating chances. Florida series who back checked right before Zajac scored the game winner in game 6. Parise was big in other ways.

Not to take anything away from Henrique, but his playoff performance is overrated by some fans because he happened to be in the right place at the right time for a couple of big goals. If one of those big goals happened to be Zach's, I'm sure people would feel otherwise about his playoff performance.

Anyway, to clarify, I'm not saying he was lights out or clearly our best player in the playoffs. But he was a big part of the playoff run and to deny that is simply unfair. I think the Devils will be okay without Zach but there is no two ways about it - this is a loss for the organization. Lou said it himself.

It's true. Just stings to lose another home-grown talent.

Right, and we need to replace him with some talent. But, 98/13 is absolutely insane and I'm glad we spared our creditors that headache. Zach isn't that good. He can't score outside the face-off dots!

Zach made the devils a much better team when he was playing. I won't argue that stats wise he wasn't that strong during the playoff run but played well as did the whole team.

I am mad but not too mad, more stunned at the moment. So I hope home + money means everything to Zach b/c winning the cup won't happen.

Edited by devilsadvoc8