Should the New Jersey Devils Consider Going After Alexander Semin?

NewarkDevil5

Ahhh! Dev camp like dev(elopment) camp. Not Dev camp like Dev(ils) camp.

About Development canp, are people able to go there and watch? Or is it like a regular LL thing, and not open to the public? I was thinking about meeting some of the future Devils.

This is annoying. There's virtually nothing out there on Semin. The only stuff halfway believable is that the Canes and Wings are in on him along with the KHL. All the Semin/NJ just is pure rumor. There's nothing to suggest the Devils have even approached Semin.

Isnt that how it always is for the devils? No news is good news

there was news when he first came here cause it was a trade, and the only reason there was news when he was a free agent was cause it was a player we were trying to re-sign so the interest in bringing him back was already known. When it comes to players we pick up out of free agency for the first time there is rarely any news before it becomes official

There is zero legitimate speculation. With the Kovy thing there was at least tiny slivers here and there.

There is zero legitimate speculation about any team in the hunt for Semin. We got a lot of info on Kovy from the other side since LA was going after him so hard. His agent is clearly playing this one very close to the vest.

Id say no news is just no news. We don't even know if the Devils made an offer.

No you can't go to camp, devils camps are closed secret little boxes they don't like to share in case fans enjoy seeing the dev players.

You can watch from the outside of the practice rink, although you might have to press your face up against the window.

It's little things like this that I hope change once Lou retires.

Why not let fans in? Show the young kids some support? What harm could it do? You'd have maybe 1000 people tops turn out

They'd have to hire security, and the development camp is about impressing the coaches, not about showing off for fans. I do agree that it would be nice if the Devils would do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't change when Lou leaves.

It's little things like this that I hope change once Lou retires.

Why not let fans in? Show the young kids some support? What harm could it do? You'd have maybe 1000 people tops turn out

I agree. It was more enjoyable during the days of South Mountain Arena.

I agree. It was more enjoyable during the days of South Mountain Arena.

I refer to the South Mountain days at the "glory years". Practices open to the public, we were a legit Stanley Cup contender from late 90's-mid 2000's...

I need the practices to be open again! Maybe one day...

Okay, back to Semin. Anything.....?

Rumors about the Pens offering 2 years, 10 million. Other rumors of him signing tomorrow with Pittsburgh. Nothing completely believable, but seems to be a little smoke around this particular rumor.

His agent was asked about this rumor today and said "Im not commenting".

Rumors about the Pens offering 2 years, 10 million. Other rumors of him signing tomorrow with Pittsburgh. Nothing completely believable, but seems to be a little smoke around this particular rumor.

His agent was asked about this rumor today and said "Im not commenting".

That sucks if indeed that is the best offer out there. If Lou won't top that then he's going senile.

That sucks if indeed that is the best offer out there. If Lou won't top that then he's going senile.

Well then there was this:

"Semin told me today there is no timeline on his decision where he will sign; wouldn't confirm the clubs that made offers."

"As some asked re: the 3 year $30m reported offer to Semin from the KHL - false on both the term and the money."

Chesnokov also says that the reason for the hold up is that Semin wants a longer term deal than what he has been offered.

Thats from Chesnokov. No one's saying sh!t.

Edited by ghdi