this sucks

TomsRiverDevil

I think Lou saw that Pete can handle the team and told Larry thanks for helping hold us up. Now you can do whatever you wanted to do. Peter, birng in your own guys.

Edited by peteyvegas

Anyone upset about Oates leaving has forgotten about our complete inability to score a power-play goal, which, as I understand it, was the whole point of having Oates in the first place. If the team had at least a clue about running a powerplay we might have a 4th cup right now... With the talent we had out there, we should have been (way) better than we were.

As for Larry, I think his time here has run its course. He's been good, but not spectacular, with our young talent.

I'm actually pretty excited to see who PDB brings in. I'm really hoping it's someone from outside the organization. A little new blood in the idea department isn't a bad thing... Maybe they'll teach the team the illusive "one-timer" we've all seen other teams employ...

Every team after a deep run loses assistant coaches no matter the sport. Larry has given this franchise a lot of years and I wish him the best no matter where he ends up. He is a class act that represents the NHL well. As for Oates, we failed at the PP and had lousy face off win % which I would have thought were his areas of expertise. Not too much of a loss in my eyes.

Lets let PDB build his own team, then we'll judge whether these were true losses or not.

Maybe they'll teach the team the illusive "one-timer" we've all seen other teams employ...

I'm fairly comfortable with the pass to the point... and then have him lose the puck in his skates, then wait another second or so just in case the the goalie isn't yet in position, and to give more time to let the defenders get in the shooting lane... finish it off with a soft lob lob at that net that gets blocked and turns into a 2 on 1 against our aging goalie.

But I'll try anything "one-timer"