Biggest devil "bust"

Guest Devsrule

Guest Devsrule

Who has been the biggest disappointment or "bust" that has worn a devils uniform?

Salomonnson was pretty bad. Danton was a good player, just his other "stuff" got in the way.

Any others in recent memory?

I assume you mean players that we drafted with high expectations that didn't pan out? And not players that we traded for or signed as a FA?

In that case, Sharifanov - drafted in the first round of the draft we got Elias in the 2nd. Lou ripped of his friend Brian Burke by trading Sharifanov to Vancouver for a 2nd. Burke said it was one of his worst trades ever. Sharifanov was as horrible for the Canucks as he was for the Devils.

I watched a game of his last week (Devils vs Penguins from 98 I think) and he played like he was in slow motion. His passes were intercepted and he couldn't catch a pass.. he was a step behind everyone else. Not just physically either.

Edited by Don

Larionov. :argh: Worst player ever obtained by the Devils....Larionov was said to be brought in to replace Nieuwendyk :noclue: . What a joke! Larionov SUCKED in NJ.

Edited by overtime98

Well just going through the media guide and looking through the drafts, I'd think this guy would qualify as a big bust:

1986 3rd pick of the draft - Neil Brady C.

Guy played 29 games and scored one goal for us :rofl:

Sharifjanov was the 25th pick I wouldn't classify him as a big bust, I don't remember big expectations for him.

I think the expections for Vadim went up while playing for the Rats. In 97-98 he had a good regular season and an awesome postseason.

Lance Ward? *checks*

We picked Ward 10th overall - before Derek Morris, Marty Reasoner, Marco Sturm, Daniel Briere, Chara, Parish.... Josh DeWolfe was another wasted pick in that draft.

I'm not sure you can say Ward was a bust because he refused to sign w/NJ. He went back into the draft. So he never actually played for the team. You can say he was a failed signee...

Non-drafts:

Malakhov (just because we won the Cup with him on the team doesn't mean he wasn't a bust)

Deron Quint

Tikkanen

Essa Tikkanen LMAO

The only thing I can tink of worse that getting fishmouth Tikka was seeing someone in my Section (217) with a new sweater and his name on it. We only had Tikka for 21 days, not games, DAYS!!!

Them WHAMMO! We sent that Ranger Scum Packing!

Bernie Nichols was another BlueSkirt Nightmare foisted on us.

This one's a bit different but it's still pending the play of the lone player left from the deal:

Devils get Andrei Zyuzin

Lightning receive Sascha Goc, Josef Boumedienne and Anton But