NHL.com Over-35 club

Neb00rs

I think Patty really would not care. But I'm just a fan so .....

I'm going to guess it was a mistake rather than a snub. Pretty glaring mistake since Elias finished in the top 10 of scoring last year.

I agree, and I even said it was on NHL.com. However, to forget Patrik Elias IS the snub.

EDIT: In the comments even the Flyers fans are like, "WTF?"...well I guess ESPECIALLY the Flyers fans.

Edited by ben00rs

For the record, I tweeted him and he said, "It was a glitch." Then when I refreshed the article Alfredsson was moved to HM's and an unlinked (and seemingly rushed) Elias was moved into his place. Now here's to wondering how Hedberg, Vokoun and Nabakov are on there over Kipper.

Edited by ben00rs

I can imagine part of the reason he was overlooked is that he doesnt seem to be over 35. To me I have to keep reminding myself he is over 35 and not the young guy I saw play on the A line back in 99-02

Yea this is what I thought too.

I doubt he cares, but it'd be nice to be recognized. He was top ten in scoring last year and not mentioned? That's definitely a mistake.

That's how underrated Elias is...He's still producing like he's under 30. I predict that Patty will be like Selanne, he's showed that aging isn't bothering him and hasn't affected his production or even his durability really.

Edited by RizzMB30

mmmm elias is in there... what are you guys talking about ? lol

Apparently from what I gather (because I didn't see the article when it originally was put up) that when this article was first put up, Elias was not included and after a while it was edited to put Elias in.

Apparently from what I gather (because I didn't see the article when it originally was put up) that when this article was first put up, Elias was not included and after a while it was edited to put Elias in.

You need to adjust your sarcasm meter.

mmmm elias is in there... what are you guys talking about ? lol

abqqs5u3.jpg

He is one of the most under-rated players that I can remember in any professional sport in my lifetime. Playing in NJ, with the NY and national media's penchant for completely ignoring this team's existence, along with Lou's refusal to market individual players, causes these types of snubs.

Jim Thome is another player that is vastly underrated.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Jim Thome is another player that is vastly underrated.

Back in the day maybe not no more guy can't play outfield no longer.

Back in the day maybe not no more guy can't play outfield no longer.

To be fair, he was never much of an outfielder. But that's probably just because he played first base (and third early on).