Where can the Devils find a D for F swap?

Triumph

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ales Hemsky come to my mind...

If he can stay healthy & the package is right/not an overpayment then sure.

If we are giving up a forward in the deal. (Which I'm not sure would happen) Tedenby needs to be included. Both games so far he's played in he's looked lost. I hope he steps it up or I have a good feeling he will be gone.

The Oilers don't have all that far to go. But I don't think they want a trade, even so. I don't see who they want knocked out of their top 4 D, and they just weirdly traded for Mark Fistric.

I also don't think the Wings would trade Filppula, he's one of the few players they have in his prime-ish.

The Oilers don't have all that far to go. But I don't think they want a trade, even so. I don't see who they want knocked out of their top 4 D, and they just weirdly traded for Mark Fistric.

Perhaps, but will two more years of Greene or Tallinder or one more year with Fayne get the Oilers where they want to be? I don't think so, or at least it's not enough to get much in return. Maybe they would have use for Fayne, but he's only signed through next year and is UFA elligible at that point.

Perhaps, but will two more years of Greene or Tallinder or one more year with Fayne get the Oilers where they want to be? I don't think so, or at least it's not enough to get much in return. Maybe they would have use for Fayne, but he's only signed through next year and is UFA elligible at that point.

Teams do not think in terms of Cup or bust. The question is would getting a defenseman make them better. I don't think they are thinking that way, but they should be. Ryan Whitney is shot, Petry and Smid is a second pairing, and Justin Schultz plays 'defense' like it's a conceptual art project he's participating in.

Tedenby's value is zero right now. Let's please stop including him in every trade like he puts it over the top.

The Wings just lost Ian White for a period of time.

They are definitely hurting for another defenseman.

Would love to try and poach Filppula or even Cleary from em.

Ew not Cleary. He's never put up 50 points and he's old and also never done anything away from DET. and they're not gonna trade Filppula, he's pretty much the only really good forward they have that's not over 30. Unless you want unproven prospects, Detroit doesn't really have much I'd want that they'd give

Red Wings are even short on Forward depth, they have a buttload of injuries. Not much they can do, tough situation. I say our best bet are still the Kings and Oilers.

Oilers we might have to wait on though until Tambellini sees they're clearly not going to just be carried by 19 year old wingers and the Nuge w/ no defense. Maybe then they'd consider trading Hemsky/Gagner but based on that strange Fistric trade and then not playing him, they must be content right now w/ the corpse of Ryan Whitney and Corey Potter back there

Edited by DH26

Ew not Cleary. He's never put up 50 points and he's old and also never done anything away from DET. and they're not gonna trade Filppula, he's pretty much the only really good forward they have that's not over 30. Unless you want unproven prospects, Detroit doesn't really have much I'd want that they'd give

You're not going to get someone who's put up 50 points for Henrik Tallinder. The Devils could use anyone right about now. They're using Mattias Tedenby, an 18 year old, and giving 15 minutes a game to a forward who's passed through waivers 3 times and hasn't put up 50 points in the AHL.