Clarkson played hurt in the playoffs

Oh if we were all healthy in the finals...we couldve won it all. Really we needed two goals (the first 2 OT games at home) and we wouldve had it all.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to get the image of Kovy's shot in game 2 of the Finals with 8 seconds left hitting the crossbar out of my head. It's burned in. I see it from time to time. It makes me want to punch whatever happens to be nearby.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to get the image of Kovy's shot in game 2 of the Finals with 8 seconds left hitting the crossbar out of my head. It's burned in. I see it from time to time. It makes me want to punch whatever happens to be nearby.

I have the same problem, just add Parise and Faynes wiffs to that that as well though and throw in Berniers major penalty in game 6. :argh:

Edited by Satans Hockey

I have the same problem, just add Parise and Faynes wiffs to that that as well though and throw in Berniers major penalty in game 6. :argh:

Fayne whiffing in Game 1 is the one that bothers me the most for some reason. It sorta just encapsulates the bad bounces we got in games 1 and 2 for me. I'm gonna go cry into a glass of whiskey to make myself feel better now.

Parise picking up the puck and throwing it in the net while Zajac is just standing there ready to tap in a rebound too... What a fvcking moron play that was. I have no idea what Zach was thinking there. Not to mention every time I turn on NHL Network, every other commercial is about the Kings winning the Cup. What a fvcking puddle of AIDS that series was. Thank God we have Henrique Its Over.

Fayne whiffing in Game 1 is the one that bothers me the most for some reason. It sorta just encapsulates the bad bounces we got in games 1 and 2 for me. I'm gonna go cry into a glass of whiskey to make myself feel better now.

i was at the game sitting high up and when fayne wiffed people started celebrating think he scroed because the net was open.i remember screaming "he missed are you fvcking kidding me??" i couldnt belive it but it wasnt only fayne and parise. clarkson had 2 shots that he missed too. quick went down really low twice and clarkson was open in the slot and had the whole upper half of the net to shoot on and he went high and wide both shots. i honestly believe if one of those shots went in we would have won the cup

Edited by nmm90392

this

People don't realize whole series can turn on inches or seconds

Thanks for posting.

It says they got it from the Star-Ledger. Here's Chere's article:

Devils' David Clarkson played with fractured foot in playoffs

“I had a bad foot at the beginning of the playoffs and I hurt it again at the end,” Clarkson said today. “Emotions are high during the playoffs and you can play through it, but then you realize you’re still sore a couple of weeks after it’s over. “It was a fracture so I just stayed off it and relaxed this summer, if you can call it that. You can call me a sore loser.”

um, was there really anyone that didn't know clarkson wasn't hurt? even more, most knew his foot was broken.

Even though it might be painful for some Devs fans to revisit the missed chances and think about what might've been, it's still nice that Clarkson brought his injury to light, in case some of the diehards, like me for instance, had wondered about him.

If Kovy scores that goal, we win the Cup. No doubt in my mind.

The Devils played horrible for the rest of the series. I'm not sure why people think this or what in the next few games would lead someone to believe this. They were outchanced spectacularly - to a large degree they were lucky to drag that series out to 6 games.

The Devils played horrible for the rest of the series. I'm not sure why people think this or what in the next few games would lead someone to believe this. They were outchanced spectacularly - to a large degree they were lucky to drag that series out to 6 games.

Well, I respectfully disagree.

The Kings played all playoffs without a doubt in their mind, and even though the Devs got outplayed at the start of Game 1, they still should have won it. If ( a big if)they get that and Game 2.....how do they lose? I think the Kings crumble at that point, I honestly do.

But alas, what's done is done.

Well, I respectfully disagree.

The Kings played all playoffs without a doubt in their mind, and even though the Devs got outplayed at the start of Game 1, they still should have won it. If ( a big if)they get that and Game 2.....how do they lose? I think the Kings crumble at that point, I honestly do.

But alas, what's done is done.

The Devils didn't outplay the Kings in a single game in that series. Not one. That series was winnable in the sense that every series is - usually in a playoff series there are several close games, and even if there aren't, there are moments in particular games where the outcome was in doubt and could've gone either way based on a few bounces. And the Devils COULD have won the series - teams get outplayed and win series all the time. But it's real difficult, and you have to get the bounces, and the Devils didn't.

Edited by Triumph