• Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

I dont want hopes up but TONS of optimism on twitter today

Kevin Paul Dupont@GlobeKPD

Keep hearing/reading sense of energy/optimism around today's CBA talks in NYC. Agent: "teams are gearing up, feels like it will be a go."

Retweeted by adater

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun

This could still derail but sources feeling positive at this point... Stay tuned

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Well, if its a close as we're sensing it could be a very "good day" according to source.

Bruce Garrioch@SunGarrioch

For the first time in months there is optimism surrounding these talks #NHL #NHLPA

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Issues still include cap in 13\14, max contract and variance. So, "minimal" may not be best word unless significant movement from both.

@Ledger_NJDevils: Sounds promising for NHL settlement very soon
Edited by Mayday

The idea that the team won't succeed without Zach Parise is pretty laughable; I happen to recall a disaster season that he was injured for much of, that nearly ended in a playoff berth regardless.

in a long run you still need those kind of players, real warriors. I never said we'd be horrible but we were a better team with Zach thats for sure. Thats like saying that the Devils would have never really needed Brodeur after all cause we saw that a guy like clemmenson can do the job. Or that Pittsburgh doesnt need Crosby since they are still a good team without him.

Edited by SterioDesign

Even if the NHL and PA reach a deal, I can't get excited or celebrate the lockout being over. The damage is done as far as I'm concerned. A shortened season after a 3rd lockout won't even feel like a real season to me. Not trying to be a downer but it's just the way I feel, I'm sure most will disagree with me.

Even if the NHL and PA reach a deal, I can't get excited or celebrate the lockout being over. The damage is done as far as I'm concerned. A shortened season after a 3rd lockout won't even feel like a real season to me. Not trying to be a downer but it's just the way I feel, I'm sure most will disagree with me.
. I don't blame anyone for not being as excited as they would be for the season to start under normal circumstances, and damage is done- some of it possibly never to be undone- but the damage would be a lot worse if the season was cancelled altogether. Two canceled seasons in 8 years is absolutely laughable. There's no way to defend that, I'm sorry.

I propose fans across the league get up and walk out after the first period at all opening night games. I thought the first stoppage of play, but buildings are still half empty then.
. And they'll thank you as you leave, as they'll have your money anyway. If you want to protest, don't go at all.

. And they'll thank you as you leave, as they'll have your money anyway. If you want to protest, don't go at all.

That's tough for pissed off season ticket holders that have already given teams their money. My suggestion is just the easiest to be pulled off but will never happen. The game will return, and so will everyone by the the the playoffs start, just like the last two times. Our average attendance went up 1200 per game in 95.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.