• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

Same here but it is so hard not to, I seemed to get sucked in each time, is this what they mean by DIE HARD HOCKEY FAN? Lol

But at the same time if this is going to fall apart put us out of our misery and cancel the season and FIRE BETTMAN!

Yeah hard not to get excited this time.

Actually I give Bettman credit on this one. I think he knew he had to get Fehr out of the room to get a deal done, and suggested he, and Donald sit this one out. I may be wrong, but I see Fehr as a hired gun, and the only one in this whole process who doesn't have a stake in whether or not hockey is played this year. Whatever the reason, I am glad they are trying....

https://twitter.com/...503607019438081

@reporterchris

Dinner break is over. Talks back on.

https://twitter.com/...506964329127937

@reporterchris

And 13 minutes later...the NHL is out of the meeting room.

Six NHL owners and Bill Daly head back to the meeting room. #yoyo

— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris)

December 6, 2012
@reporterchris

Six NHL owners and Bill Daly head back to the meeting room.

Alright so just forget I said anything....I'm not going to try and keep up with these negotiations on twitter... :blahblah:

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

@TGfireandice: RT @HeleneStJames: Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

This sort of stuff - I'm done with it. If they're talking, it's good. If they are not talking, it's bad. Neither side will reveal that it's going good unless the other side is willing to (like last night) - all anonymous sources should want to claim it isn't going well.

This sort of stuff - I'm done with it. If they're talking, it's good. If they are not talking, it's bad. Neither side will reveal that it's going good unless the other side is willing to (like last night) - all anonymous sources should want to claim it isn't going well.

Yeah I've pretty much had it for the night too with all the back and forth speculation. I do wonder why the podium got put up unless it was close - either to a deal or going off the rails completely. That's what alternatly excites and worries me.

Richard Labbé ‏@Richardlabbe

To sum up our day here in NYC: owners arrive, leave, come back, leave, come back, leave, come back, leave. And podium. And pizza. #LockOut

NHL Podium ‏@NHLPodium

Just sitting here on a stage by myself like an idiot while everyone stares at me. Not sure how to handle this. Phil Kessel, call me.

:giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8

@TGfireandice: RT @HeleneStJames: Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames

From source: "Deal isn't imminent. Still hurdles to climb but made some strides in some major areas."

Guess her source can't make up her mind.

Looks like all of us who assumed contract limits were just a red herring to get other concessions in HRR, etc (including me) were wrong, it still remains a huge issue apparently with the league not budging from 5 years as a base for FA's, other than the exception that current teams can go up to 7 years, a bit of a knockoff of the NBA's system.

And now the players want to lift the restrictions on who's in the room (i.e. hello Don and Gary again). This is either going to blow up today or get done once and for all I think. It nearly blew up last night with - surprise, surprise - Jacobs threatening to walk out of the room before the moderate owners stopped that. But I don't like all these detailed leaks coming out now, it smacks of the PR grabs that have poisoned the process throughout.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I fvcking wish Jeremy Jacobs would just have a severe diarrhea and miss the rest of the negotiations. Like... fvck this guy

Along with a fair amount of optimism entering Wednesday, the NHL lockout also saw tensions rise during a session that lasted into the wee hours. The conversation went something like this. "Let's leave," said Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs, turning to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly. "It's up to you," replied Daly. At that point during the talks between the NHL and NHL Players Association on Wednesday, a day that began as a continuation of the momentum generated on Tuesday, both sides were at the precipice, and the 2012-13 season was in jeopardy. ... But with Jacobs poised to abandon the talks, other owners spoke up, and then both sides dramatically backed away from the precipice.

http://espn.go.com/n...als-sources-say

but its encouraging to see that other owners are speaking up and not just following wtv jacobs is saying like most are, he's a cancer in those negotiations.

Edited by SterioDesign

I'm not sure how big a coalition of hardline owners there actually are, but we do know who is leading the cabal. I remember back in 2004 we had the "gang of 6" (or was it 8?)

What's encouraging is other owners speaking up at least, and not letting Jacobs completely throw this thing off the rails. Would like to see Jacobs thrown himself onto some sort of bed of railroad spikes

So we should take his word on it because he feels some "vibe" going on?

I think we are in the home stretch and this sh!t is supposed to be tough.

Agreed. Both sides should be trying to put out a message that things are not going well. But they're still meeting.

This whole process is mindnumbing....

either cut as deal or don't, but enough of the roller coaster ride...

The roller coaster ride is for the media, basically if you read between the lines there is plenty of positives(the owners making concessions and negotiating in good faith)...but both sides will still put out negative leaks on the other just to keep the heat on.

Edited by '7'

Looks like all of us who assumed contract limits were just a red herring to get other concessions in HRR, etc (including me) were wrong, it still remains a huge issue apparently with the league not budging from 5 years as a base for FA's, other than the exception that current teams can go up to 7 years, a bit of a knockoff of the NBA's system.

And now the players want to lift the restrictions on who's in the room (i.e. hello Don and Gary again). This is either going to blow up today or get done once and for all I think. It nearly blew up last night with - surprise, surprise - Jacobs threatening to walk out of the room before the moderate owners stopped that. But I don't like all these detailed leaks coming out now, it smacks of the PR grabs that have poisoned the process throughout.

. It'll blow up. You KNOW it'll blow up. Everytime the NHL is in position to fvck something up in the worst way, they usually do. Only the NHL can go from all the optimism of Tuesday to this in 48 hours. I expect yet another bullsh!t news conference later saying "how disappointed" they all are that they were too fvcking stupid to agree to something.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.