The Cup Will Be Ours Again!

TomsRiverDevil

Strike = work stoppage / shortened season.

Maybe you're thinking of strike in a different sense but 2001 was not forgotten because it does not fall in to the pattern.

2001 will forever be remembered as "the Cup that got away"....

If we took the Avs out we would have 4 Lord Stanleys for the franchise, and be 4-1 in Finals appearances....

.800 winning vs our current .600 (3-2)

Ummmmm we're the Devils.. If we go 10 more seasons without another Finals appearance I'll be very disappointed

How long did the Red Wings go between Cups? It's great to have periods of prolonged relevence and/or success, but that doesn't mean those periods should EVER be taken for granted. You should know this: like me, you're a Met fan. I wish I'd appreciated the Mets of 1984-90 that much more, even though they only won two divison titles, and only got to the World Series once in that time. It's been pretty slim pickins since. Clearly NHL hockey is a bit different, in that making the playoffs is easier than in baseball, but my point is that the good days can end in a hurry, to anyone. I was 16 years old when the Mets won the World Series in 1986...I still can't believe we're coming up on 26 years since then.