So my copy of NHL 13 comes with a Kovalcover!

TheMazz

What do people think of this game so far? I find the skating very annoying, the players seem to have the agility of a cement truck and it is almost impossible to bodycheck offline. Whenever I try to hit someone, they either shrug it off or my guy is the one who goes down, even when I have the hit lined up perfectly and my guy has all the momentum. On the other hand, I had to turn the CPU aggression slider almost all the way down because even with their hitting power all the way down they are still able to send my guys flying when their hits aren't lined up correctly and they are standing still. Anyone else having the same issue?

Also I don't know why they took the post-whistle hitting pretty much out of the game, it was a lot of fun charging full speed into the goalie during stoppages. Finally they let us do that in NHL 12 and then the next year it's gone. There are also virtually no fights during stoppages because of this too. It usually goes straight to the cutscenes.

I hope they come out with a patch for the hitting because I hate to say it, but it is sucking the fun out of the game and I have considered going back to NHL 2K5. I wish 2K still made hockey games, they made some of the best games ever between 2K3 and 2K6, which also seemed to force EA to wake up and make better games. Now they have no competition.

im not the biggest game player but NHL is the only game that im playing pretty much but godamnit is it ever frustrating.

If those games arent rigged well i dont know what to tell you, you either have 100% momentum or ZERO momentum it seems and when you dont have it well geez... your passes arent going AT ALL where you want them to go, players will struggle to handle passes, you get score on with a wrister from the blueline with no screen while the other goalie is making crazy saves off one timers back and forth, you get a lil shove and you fly in the boards or if you hit them correctly youre the one falling/losing your stick or just standing there all fvcked with your head spinning and the other guy can just skate away with the puck. Absolutely ridiculous.

the more you set the difficulty high... its not that the other team is playing that much better... its making your team play worst... when im playing superstar i feel like my players are skating with cement blocks instead of skates.

obviously im sure theres a smartass here who's gonna say that i just suck lol but i heard a LOT of people complaining about the same thing. But its a fact... when the game decide that youre not winning a game... youre not.

i had to film that one time when the computer was absolutely REFUSING to let me score. Ridiculous

th_IMG_0908.jpg

The more you play, the better it will start to feel. I felt the same way at first.

well im not talking about NHL13, but about the game simply deciding who's winning almost before the game is started lol its like that every year haha i only played one game on nhl13 so far still didnt get the game but yeah... its been like that for awhile

on the other hand i remember when the momentum is on your side well its also ridiculous... i remember scoring 4 goals with KUNITZ once... any shots would go in almost, i was taking a slapper from the blueline aiming for left top corner and i would score cleanly bottom right lol

Edited by SterioDesign

well im not talking about NHL13, but about the game simply deciding who's winning almost before the game is started lol its like that every year haha i only played one game on nhl13 so far still didnt get the game but yeah... its been like that for awhile

on the other hand i remember when the momentum is on your side well its also ridiculous... i remember scoring 4 goals with KUNITZ once... any shots would go in almost, i was taking a slapper from the blueline aiming for left top corner and i would score cleanly bottom right lol

I played something like 13 periods of the Demo and hadn't scored more than 5 goals until almost double. To be fair I then scored in the next 5 straight periods. I also feel like sometimes it's just impossible. There are still too many AI issues for me to buy it. The breakouts should be the first thing they work on yet I still find my players either skating in straight lines and not opening up a passing lane or, even worse, coming to a dead stop on the offensive blue line. :yucky:

Edited by NJDevils1214

I played something like 13 periods of the Demo and hadn't scored more than 5 goals until almost double. To be fair I then scored in the next 5 straight periods. I also feel like sometimes it's just impossible. There are still too many AI issues for me to buy it. The breakouts should be the first thing they work on yet I still find my players either skating in straight lines and not opening up a passing lane or, even worse, coming to a dead stop on the offensive blue line. :yucky:

AI awareness around the blueline should be corrected.... on breakouts or when your on the point in the offensive zone... so often you get the puck at the point and for some reason the player will drag the puck out of the zone with a huge ass stick drag for no reason and youre offside

AI awareness around the blueline should be corrected.... on breakouts or when your on the point in the offensive zone... so often you get the puck at the point and for some reason the player will drag the puck out of the zone with a huge ass stick drag for no reason and youre offside

Yea very true about the point issues. If you go look at the reply the puck doesn't have to go over the blue line to be offside. All it has to do is touch it. The main reason it happens so often is cause of players standing still and having to reach for passes/not changing their angle to the puck to handle the pass on the forehand. That also effects he ability to one time at the point because by the time the player shifts himself to take a shot at the net from the pass their forward is poke checking the puck and getting a break away or at least forcing an offside by making the player reach or retreat into the neutral zone. (sorry for the syntax I am sending from my phone)

• 3 weeks later...