2012 MLB Postseason Thread

nmigliore

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge hit by Hardy to put Baltimore up.

Oakland's magic looks to have run out. Kind of hard to win 3 out of 5 when you face Verlander twice in a series.

If the Orioles can hang on tonight, that would set up another day of great Game 5's. Really couldn't have asked for a better collective Divisional Series.

Edited by nmigliore

Really, really close call in the Yankees/O's game. McLouth hit a ball down the right field line that was reviewed and stood as a foul ball... even after multiple replay views it was tough to really say what happened but it looked like it may have nicked the pole based on the trajectory it took.

Edited by nmigliore

I didn't see it being conclusive one way or the other. Either way it probably wouldn't have mattered; Sabathia completely dominated the Orioles.

Tigers/Yanks ... hey I at least got the ALCS matchup right and if the Nats win I will have have gotten 3 of the final 4 right. Rooting for Beltran and the Cardinals though.

Edited by nmigliore

Gah what a season from the O's. So frustrating that we couldn't get clutch hits and that Johnson couldn't hold the lead in game 3. I can't wait for next year. Everyone will be a year older, and I wanna see if Bundy can solidify a spot in the rotation. I wanna see Hammel, Wang, Gonzalez, Saunders/Tillman and Bundy

Too bad Beltran didn't do this as a Met.

Didn't do what? He was the best center fielder in franchise history and easily among the franchise's greatest overall players. Are you referring to the 2006 postseason? He hit .278/.422/.556 across the NLDS/NLCS. Unfortunately a lot of people forget or ignore that because of his strikeout that ended the season.

I can't even fathom how blessed Cardinals fans are. These past 2 years + 2006. They have no right to complain for the next 30 years

Or the Yankees :P Down 4-0 in the ninth, having done nothing all day they've now rallied back to tie with YET ANOTHER two-run HR by Ibanez the tying blow.

I hate bringing closers into non-save situations (barring a tie at home), they're just too programmed these days.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Now THAT...is a brutal loss for the Yankees. I was certain they'd win it after the Ibanez homer...now Jeter looks like he'll be out for a while

Or the Yankees :P Down 4-0 in the ninth, having done nothing all day they've now rallied back to tie with YET ANOTHER two-run HR by Ibanez the tying blow.

I hate bringing closers into non-save situations (barring a tie at home), they're just too programmed these days.

yea me too. And he had no business walking Teixeira. I mean you NEVER put the tying run on base. Lob it up at 82 mph over the middle if you have to, make him hit it. It's 4-2 at that point.

And I've never seen yankee stadium emptier for a playoff game. This isn't just 5k visible empties....more like 30k empty when the final out was made. And the tigers had a 4-0 lead at best in the late innings, not a blowout by any stretch.

Didn't do what? He was the best center fielder in franchise history and easily among the franchise's greatest overall players. Are you referring to the 2006 postseason? He hit .278/.422/.556 across the NLDS/NLCS. Unfortunately a lot of people forget or ignore that because of his strikeout that ended the season.

Goes without saying he was the best center fielder in Mets history...it's not like has a lot of competition...he's light years ahead of the Mets' center fielders. He's put up a lot of eye-friendly numbers. Something was missing when he was a Met...I know the sabes guys point to the numbers and the numbers only, and Beltran's numbers are definitely easy on the eyes...but when I saw how pumped he was in that game against the Nationals...he never seemed that way as a Met. Like I said, something was just off with Beltran when he was in New York...