Hockey in Prague?

point

There are two teams in the Czech league in Prague. Slavia and Sparta. When I was there in 2009, I went to a Slavia game at the O2 arena. They have a team now in the KHL, if you google the leagues you can get info. They are available in English. Most cities in the Czech Republic are accessible via train from Prague. We went out to Plezn to go to the Pilsner Urquell Brewery and they have a team, as well. Tickets are cheap for the Czech league, about $15 each, but games for the most part start at 5 or 5:30 pm czech time. They also play on the same days every week. I think it is monday, wednesday, saturday, but could be wrong on which days.

If you want to see the highest level of competition, you will certainly want to watch KHL team Lev Praha (Prague) play. They feature former Devil Petr Vrana, younger brother of former devil Karl Rachunek (who unfortunately was on the Lokomotiv flight), and a ton of former/locked-out NHLers: Jakub Voracek, Martin Skoula, Erik Christiansen, Alexander Picard, Lubos Bartecko. There are probably others, as well.

Actually...I just checked the schedule, Prague is on the road during this time. They do play a home game on Nov 21. I don't know if that fits your schedule.

The Czech Extraleague is suposedly not that bad, it might be somewhere near the level of a top-tier ECHL team. I haven't watched an actual Czech league game in a very long time.

If you want to see the highest level of competition, you will certainly want to watch KHL team Lev Praha (Prague) play. They feature former Devil Petr Vrana, younger brother of former devil Karl Rachunek (who unfortunately was on the Lokomotiv flight), and a ton of former/locked-out NHLers: Jakub Voracek, Martin Skoula, Erik Christiansen, Alexander Picard, Lubos Bartecko. There are probably others, as well.

Zdeno Chara...

• 2 weeks later...

Sparta v Slavia on 11/18! Now that my sister who lives in London (she leans toward the artsy stuff, not that that's a bad thing) won't be joining us, maybe we can see some hockey. Bringing my Holik Jersey, even though he is from Plzin.

Edited by point

I was in Prague in the offseason back in 04 during the lockout. When I went to Jagr's (sports bar) Elias and Jagr were there! This was during his hepatitus thing. I was also wearing a Devils hoody, but I only got a wave out of Patty as it seemed they were doing some business. Something to do. Food kinda sucks, but good restaurants are very cheap since they're not on the Euro. Its one of my favorite cities in the world. Be sure to check out all you can and the people were all great.

Train stations can be a bit daunting if you're not used to Euro train travel, but just ask someone. Most younger people speak very good English.

• 2 weeks later...