NHL lockout: Neither side seems pressured by calendar

hattrick

http://www.nj.com/de...side_seems.html

Both the NHL Players’ Association and the league know there is still time to make a deal and play hockey.

“Definitely. Unfortunately, we’re still in the early stages of this, based on the past two lockouts,” Devils defenseman Bryce Salvador said today. “They played 48 games in ’95, and the last time (2004-05) everybody thought we’d still play right up until February.

“Everyone is frustrated with the situation. The players want to play, the owners want to play and the fans want to see the game. But the reality is it’s a business transaction happening right now and unfortunately both sides know we can still get half a season in starting in January.”

Edited by hattrick

Well, if they're not in a rush to start the season, then I guess I'm not in a rush to come back. I think I'm probably taking this year off...they've effectively killed a lot of my enthusiasm and emotional involvement for this season...I'm not done with the NHL, but I'm disgusted enough that I'm not going to be feeling hockey for a while.

• Like 1

Whenever this nonsense ends, I will continue to support the New Jersey Devils, as I always have and always will, until the day I die. Also it's worth mentioning that not supporting the Devils effectively means not supporting the city of Newark because the businesses around the arena that thrive on the Devils will not be getting your business if you're not coming to games. I can't hold people responsible for something that isn't their fault. The Devils don't want this garbage and neither do the local business owners, so I won't punish them for it.

Yeah, that would qualify as something against the NHL. So would I suppose, not watching 'any' national telecasts or playoff games besides the Devils - I don't really watch a lot of playoffs other than the Devils anyway so it's not a big stretch for me to say I'm going to avoid that or the Winter Classic (which I did last year, for obvious reasons) but it is a makeable sacrifice imo for others.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Whenever this nonsense ends, I will continue to support the New Jersey Devils, as I always have and always will, until the day I die. Also it's worth mentioning that not supporting the Devils effectively means not supporting the city of Newark because the businesses around the arena that thrive on the Devils will not be getting your business if you're not coming to games. I can't hold people responsible for something that isn't their fault. The Devils don't want this garbage and neither do the local business owners, so I won't punish them for it.

I'm not trying to screw the Devils or Newark here. I'm just fed up. With all of it.

I'm not trying to screw the Devils or Newark here. I'm just fed up. With all of it.

. Don't blame ya CR. We're all fed up. That's just how I choose to go about things. I won't blame anyone for not wanting to spend their hard earned money on anything relating to the NHL if they're angry enough not to. The league deserves your anger. I just feel bad for the collateral damage in these situations, and that is the team we love and the local business owners in this case.

. Don't blame ya CR. We're all fed up. That's just how I choose to go about things. I won't blame anyone for not wanting to spend their hard earned money on anything relating to the NHL if they're angry enough not to. The league deserves your anger. I just feel bad for the collateral damage in these situations, and that is the team we love and the local business owners in this case.

I hear ya, I feel bad for those people who get hurt by this and had nothing to do with it as well, believe me.