2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

nichuskin is going to be interesting because of a question of how soon you can get him.

i think edmonton and carolina will go d.

one of lindholm/monahan/shinkaruk will be there.

For the sake of fun speculating, I wonder if Edmonton trades one of RNH or Eberle for a pick in the 5 to 10 range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For the sake of fun speculating, I wonder if Edmonton trades one of RNH or Eberle for a pick in the 5 to 10 range. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

they're not gonna trade them for someone in one of those slots. They want guys that can help now, that'd just set them back more since those guys probably aren't ready to come up unless someone Couturier-esque falls. They'll just fall farther behind losing two 60 point scorers

I'd imagine they'd only trade one of them in a package for someone like Shea Weber 

Edited by DH26

For the sake of fun speculating, I wonder if Edmonton trades one of RNH or Eberle for a pick in the 5 to 10 range. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

they're not gonna trade them for someone in one of those slots. They want guys that can help now, that'd just set them back more since those guys probably aren't ready to come up unless someone Couturier-esque falls. They'll just fall farther behind losing two 60 point scorers

I'd imagine they'd only trade one of them in a package for someone like Shea Weber

I envision them trading only one of them.

I'm very confused...Why in a million years would they do this? They have the 7th pick anyway.

To double up in what is supposed to be a great draft and be in a position to get another great player to match a need, I.e. defense.

To double up in what is supposed to be a great draft and be in a position to get another great player to match a need, I.e. defense. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Oilers aren't trading a 1st overall pick (two years removed) for a 5-10 pick. That is a little nutty. I don't see them dealing Eberle either. They are looking to get better right now and not prolong any rebuild. They have a ton of forward depth to quickly improve on defense if they chose. 

To double up in what is supposed to be a great draft and be in a position to get another great player to match a need, I.e. defense. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD The Oilers aren't trading a 1st overall pick (two years removed) for a 5-10 pick. That is a little nutty. I don't see them dealing Eberle either. They are looking to get better right now and not prolong any rebuild. They have a ton of forward depth to quickly improve on defense if they chose.
It's easier to trade a number one pick two years removed when you have two other number one picks one and three years removed and when RNH is the weakest of the three. That's especially true when all of those number one picks are forwards. Of course it depends on who they would be targeting and if anything is going back the other way. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife...

Or when the cat burglar was caught by the exact person who was trying to catch him.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by Daniel

It's easier to trade a number one pick two years removed when you have two other number one picks one and three years removed and when RNH is the weakest of the three. That's especially true when all of those number one picks are forwards. Of course it depends on who they would be targeting and if anything is going back the other way. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Or when the cat burglar was caught by the exact person who was trying to catch him. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

even if he's the weakest, he's still more valuable than a #7 or so pick that as a defenseman probably wouldn't get to the NHL for a couple of years, and if they did, they wouldn't be that valuable. And the Oilers aren't exactly known as good talent evaluators. Pretty much all they *can't* mess up is a #1 pick 

even if he's the weakest, he's still more valuable than a #7 or so pick that as a defenseman probably wouldn't get to the NHL for a couple of years, and if they did, they wouldn't be that valuable. And the Oilers aren't exactly known as good talent evaluators. Pretty much all they *can't* mess up is a #1 pick

Not all number one or number seven picks are equal. I guarantee you that no one with the top four picks would trade for any of Hall, Yakupov, RNH or Eberle.

From everything you read about him, Barkov, who will probably be number 4, is better than any of those four.

I'm also not very high on RNH. I know he's young, but the guy was an absolute shrimp when I saw him. I mean 90 pound weakling type shrimp. He needs Jason Giambi type steroids.

RNH is the type of guy the Oilers can live without if they want to make a run at relevance next year while putting something special together for the long haul.

EDIT, I notice his stat sheet puts him at 170 lbs. But to quote a line from Last Crusade, if you are socttish lord than I am Mickey Mouse.

Edited by Daniel

Not all number one or number seven picks are equal. I guarantee you that no one with the top four picks would trade for any of Hall, Yakupov, RNH or Eberle. From everything you read about him, Barkov, who will probably be number 4, is better than any of those four. I'm also not very high on RNH. I know he's young, but the guy was an absolute shrimp when I saw him. I mean 90 pound weakling type shrimp. He needs Jason Giambi type steroids. RNH is the type of guy the Oilers can live without if they want to make a run at relevance next year while putting something special together for the long haul. EDIT, I notice his stat sheet puts him at 170 lbs. But to quote a line from Last Crusade, if you are socttish lord than I am Mickey Mouse. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There's no way Barkov's better than Hall is right now. No way. If he was he'd be guaranteed to go #1. Hall's been more than worth it. RNH I'd take but I see the points-hes too small and the shoulder injuries don't seem to be getting better-and Yakupov who knows so far really-he wouldn't go #1 this year probably. Eberle's overrated and not that great. I'd probably trade RNH or (definitely) Eberle for a top 4 pick, but not Hall in a million years straight up. He's one of the best wingers in the game now, it's just hard to hear about bc of Edmonton's collective awful 

Edmonton really should've kept RNH in junior to bulk up and not get killed like he has been. But that's hindsight. 

Dont know if anyone saw this but:

New Jersey Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told reporters Monday that the organization has decided to retain its first-round pick for the 2013 NHL Draft, which the Devils are hosting, on June 30.

In September 2010, the National Hockey League fined the Devils $3 million and took away two high draft picks over the next four years for signing Ilya Kovalchuk to a 17-year, $102 million contract two months earlier that circumvented the League's salary cap.

The Devils forfeited a 2011 third-round pick, and also were told they needed to forfeit a first-rounder at some point over the next four years following the penalty.

The team maintained its pick in 2011, the year it won the NHL Draft Lottery to move from No. 8 to No. 4 in the order, to select defenseman Adam Larsson. In 102 career games with New Jersey spanning two seasons, Larsson has two goals, 24 points and a minus-3 rating. The 6-foot-3 Swede showed much improvement down the stretch this season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=16934&navid=nhl:topheads

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

• 2 weeks later...

Hockey Prospectus is releasing their top 100 bit by bit, starting with their top 5. Pronman judges prospects differently than a lot of the others that create list so expect some of these rankings to really differ from what you'll see elsewhere. He has a few paragraphs on each prospect, but his top 5 went:

1. LW Jonathan Drouin
2. C Nathan MacKinnon
3. D Seth Jones
4. RW Valeri Nichushkin
5. C Aleksander Barkov

Hockey Prospectus is releasing their top 100 bit by bit, starting with their top 5. Pronman judges prospects differently than a lot of the others that create list so expect some of these rankings to really differ from what you'll see elsewhere. He has a few paragraphs on each prospect, but his top 5 went:

1. LW Jonathan Drouin

2. C Nathan MacKinnon

3. D Seth Jones

4. RW Valeri Nichushkin

5. C Aleksander Barkov

That was a great read, im trying to find as much infos on those guys as i can

per drosennhl

Bill Daly says the NHL has reached a consensus for a new Player Transfer Agreement with all federations except the Russian Federation.

this could help for a few top prospect like Lindholm that i think has a contract still for next season? 

Very interesting. I remember reading a while back about Tie Domi's dislike for the Devils organization. I really wonder how true it is and what would happen if Max got drafted here.

he used our jet already so he better like us lol

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/16/max-domi-wants-to-one-up-dad

not sure how true that dislike rumours is but i guess if you're a kid and your dad play against a team and get suspended and then get eliminated by that team... being a child you grow up hating that team

he used our jet already so he better like us lol

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/16/max-domi-wants-to-one-up-dad

not sure how true that dislike rumours is but i guess if you're a kid and your dad play against a team and get suspended and then get eliminated by that team... being a child you grow up hating that team

That article is only available to subscribers. What does it say?

That article is only available to subscribers. What does it say?

really? im not? but anyway

LONDON, ONT. - The London Knights are flying to the Memorial Cup Wednesday on the New Jersey Devils' jet. That spares Max Domi a possible repeat of what happened to his dad Tie in his infamous trip to the tournament.

As the story goes, Tie, the former Peterborough Pete, arrived at the 1989 Cup in Saskatoon and discovered his luggage was missing. All he had was the track suit he was wearing.

"He never told me that story," Max said. "I have to ask him about that."

The clothing situation got sorted out, but Tie's Petes didn't win the big prize. Their best player Mike Ricci came down with the chicken pox. "And Ricci was unreal back then," 17-year-old Max said. "I know they didn't win it, so hopefully we do and I'll have a one-up on him (his father)."

In the hockey world as a whole, not many players get to compete for the Cup. Max understands what it means the Domis have a second-generation crack at it.

"It's a special thing," Max said. "We won the OHL title and there was a chance to relish that for a few days, but this is an opportunity that doesn't come around all the time. We all know that. Bo (Horvat) and I were talking about that on the way to the rink. Every game there is huge. I went last year at home (in Mississauga) and it was the loudest I ever heard at Hershey Centre for a game."

It should be a zoo in Shawinigan too. Domi and Co. are ready for anything, but it wouldn't hurt to pack an extra change of clothes -- just in case.

Edited by SterioDesign