2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Anybody know the chances that Nichushkin will still be at #9? I didn't really research this years draft class too much, but that is the player I want.

Not good. Hes been said to be one of the best players in the draft. His attitude seems to be the main reason his stock will fall a bit. But even then, hes so good I dont see him falling to 9th. Hes projected to go 5th I think so 4 teams would have to pass up on him most likely.

Not good. Hes been said to be one of the best players in the draft. His attitude seems to be the main reason his stock will fall a bit. But even then, hes so good I dont see him falling to 9th. Hes projected to go 5th I think so 4 teams would have to pass up on him most likely.

Thanks! I see the Canes have the #5 spot, they are pretty set on offense but I wouldn't mind trading Fayne or another defenseman to get that pick.

Edited by Zubie#8

word i don't know of any bars around the stadium but im still down for whatever. if there is a nice bar besides ale house to avoid HF lol

I always assumed that either most people on NJDevs either posted on HF or had this friendly rivarly/ignored them. In any event I would suggest Dino's or a place close to the Prudential Center. What's the point of going to the city and then just coming back to the the Rock a few hours later.

Anybody know the chances that Nichushkin will still be at #9? I didn't really research this years draft class too much, but that is the player I want.

yea he's not falling to 9th.  We would almost definitely have to trade up to get him, which is something I'd certainly entertain

i've been watching a lot of videos/highlight recently and i'm now really getting a grasp for how incredibly deep this draft is.  its unreal how much talent is in the top 10.  Even though he is ranked like 3rd, I feel like he isn't be talked about enough.  I really feel like he'll give MacKinnon a run for his money when it comes to being a star in this league.

I'm so pumped for this draft, it's gonna be a great one

I always assumed that either most people on NJDevs either posted on HF or had this friendly rivarly/ignored them. In any event I would suggest Dino's or a place close to the Prudential Center. What's the point of going to the city and then just coming back to the the Rock a few hours later.

Dino BBQ is da sh!t. I had a horrific experience last time I was there when some hostess came over and bitched at my table like we stole it and then gave me the hand when I asked her what her name was, but then the manager gave me her card and said I can get reservations on a game day, lol. So it worked out I guess, lol.

The food there is pretty damn good. It's my preferred pre-game destination now.

On Nichuskin, the kid looks like Malkin, but a Malkin that uses his body more. Malkin isn't really one to drive through traffic using body position on his way to the net, he's more of a fancy deke guy, but if Malkin just powered to the net, who exactly is strong enough to stop him at full speed? That's what I see in Nichuskin.

Dino BBQ is da sh!t. I had a horrific experience last time I was there when some hostess came over and bitched at my table like we stole it and then gave me the hand when I asked her what her name was, but then the manager gave me her card and said I can get reservations on a game day, lol. So it worked out I guess, lol.

On Nichuskin, the kid looks like Malkin, but a Malkin that uses his body more. Malkin isn't really one to drive through traffic using body position on his way to the net, he's more of a fancy deke guy, but if Malkin just powered to the net, who exactly is strong enough to stop him at full speed? That's what I see in Nichuskin.

awesome and awesome.  Nichuskin has so much promise its ridiculous

and i dont see why a bbq place isn't the perfect place to go, hell ya

Actually sounds a lot more like Kovalchuk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Based on everything I've read on Nichushkin he should be the #1 pick. Players like that are one every 10 years.  If Carolina gets him to go with their other offensive pieces they are going be ridiculous up front.  The Devils have no shot at him and trading up for him is not likely.

Based on everything I've read on Nichushkin he should be the #1 pick. Players like that are one every 10 years.  If Carolina gets him to go with their other offensive pieces they are going be ridiculous up front.  The Devils have no shot at him and trading up for him is not likely.

I dunno what you've been reading but nobody else thinks that. It's Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin in the top 3 then Barkov for sure 

na Kovy brings more of a 'sniper' game.  this kid throws his body at the net

hopefully for his sake he's willing to go after rebounds unlike Nikita "Filly doesn't do rebounds" Filatov 

I dunno what you've been reading but nobody else thinks that. It's Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin in the top 3 then Barkov for sure 

hopefully for his sake he's willing to go after rebounds unlike Nikita "Filly doesn't do rebounds" Filatov 

i think thats exactly his point.  like based on the potential and whatnot he's read about, he thinks he should be ranked #1, instead of where he is ranked now.

and i personally would agree.  I seriously could even put Drouin up there, watch highlights on him and he is just as nasty

Nichushkin looks like pure gold to me. Feels unrealistic however. :|

He is the one with the KHL baggage correct? I don't think it's THAT unrealistic. Filip Forsberg dropped to 11th last year with significantly less (if any) baggage.

And yeah I think Dino's would be perfect. Draft festivities start at 3 right? So would 11:30 sound about right for a NJDevs meetup or later/eariler? (for anyone that wishes to attend)

Hockey Prospect praises Nichushkin's use of his size and skating, comparing him to Malkin and Galchenyuk, to go along with great hands and a "better than average NHL shot." However, they note he can be a bit selfish and will force shots rather than pass when it's the better option despite having strong passing ability. He's also known to take shifts off and not always be competitive outside the offensive zone. That's not a stereotype due to his nationality - these scouts have watched him a lot over the past 2 years. From what I've read, I still think Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, and Barkov are better prospects. Doubt Nichushkin slips to 9 but would be happy if he did.

Any word on tickets to the draft? I've seen NOTHING from the Devils. Anyone have any info? I was really hoping to go.

This came from the Devils to STH today:

Colin,

We are extremely excited to be hosting the 2013 NHL Draft at the Prudential Center on Sunday, June 30th, starting at 3pm. As valued member of our Devils Army family, we hope that you will join us as Newark takes “center stage” for one of the NHL’s premier events. Your Devils currently own the 9th overall selection!

With NHL guests, team personnel from 30 clubs, television needs, player prospects and their families occupying the lower bowl, we are pleased to make available seats in the 100 and 200 level for all season ticket holders. Tickets in these sections will be “General Admission.” Through special arrangement, we will allow access to Season Ticket Holders before the general public, so that you will have access to sit in the top seat locations available.

You may also request up to six additional General Admission tickets on top of the two tickets you are guaranteed. To claim your two guaranteed tickets (and request additional tickets if applicable), you must CLICK HERE and submit a request by no later than Friday, June 14th. As inventory is tight, please only request additional tickets for fans that you know will be making use of them on Draft day. Once the June 14th deadline has passed, we will put your two guaranteed tickets on your “My Devils Account” online. We will then try to accommodate as many additional requests as possible once we have a sense for the inventory that remains. Additional tickets will also be posted to your “My Devils Account”.

As a special “thank you” for your support and to help commemorate this premier event at The Rock, we will be printing “Souvenir Draft Tickets” exclusively for you, as a Season Ticket Holder. You will be able to pick up your commemorative, souvenir ticket on Draft day. You will receive more information on how to pick up these tickets and please keep an eye out for emails with additional details as the Draft approaches including parking options, Fan Fest information, and special in-arena activities.

Thanks,

Your Fan Experience Team

This came from the Devils to STH today:

Colin,

We are extremely excited to be hosting the 2013 NHL Draft at the Prudential Center on Sunday, June 30th, starting at 3pm. As valued member of our Devils Army family, we hope that you will join us as Newark takes “center stage” for one of the NHL’s premier events. Your Devils currently own the 9th overall selection!

With NHL guests, team personnel from 30 clubs, television needs, player prospects and their families occupying the lower bowl, we are pleased to make available seats in the 100 and 200 level for all season ticket holders. Tickets in these sections will be “General Admission.” Through special arrangement, we will allow access to Season Ticket Holders before the general public, so that you will have access to sit in the top seat locations available.

You may also request up to six additional General Admission tickets on top of the two tickets you are guaranteed. To claim your two guaranteed tickets (and request additional tickets if applicable), you must CLICK HERE and submit a request by no later than Friday, June 14th. As inventory is tight, please only request additional tickets for fans that you know will be making use of them on Draft day. Once the June 14th deadline has passed, we will put your two guaranteed tickets on your “My Devils Account” online. We will then try to accommodate as many additional requests as possible once we have a sense for the inventory that remains. Additional tickets will also be posted to your “My Devils Account”.

As a special “thank you” for your support and to help commemorate this premier event at The Rock, we will be printing “Souvenir Draft Tickets” exclusively for you, as a Season Ticket Holder. You will be able to pick up your commemorative, souvenir ticket on Draft day. You will receive more information on how to pick up these tickets and please keep an eye out for emails with additional details as the Draft approaches including parking options, Fan Fest information, and special in-arena activities.

Thanks,

Your Fan Experience Team

What. What is this. I'm a STH and I didn't get this E-mail. Lmao. I wonder if I could reserve by phone by calling my rep or something.

Also I rather have Barkov too but Nichuskin seems like he'd be a much more realistic option.

Edited by TheMazz

He is the one with the KHL baggage correct? I don't think it's THAT unrealistic. Filip Forsberg dropped to 11th last year with significantly less (if any) baggage.

And yeah I think Dino's would be perfect. Draft festivities start at 3 right? So would 11:30 sound about right for a NJDevs meetup or later/eariler? (for anyone that wishes to attend)

Dino's food is overrated and their bar area is small even without the stools. Plan on it being packed beyond belief.

EAH is far better

Looks like I will have to bum tickets to the draft from a STH.

Thanks Devils