2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

From the rumors I hear, after the tickets are given to the STH there will be approx 500 tickets left for the general public given out in pairs to those who have won the raffle they had on the website.

The raffle winners are to be announced on the 21st so it looks like if you do not win that you will either have to bum tickets off a STH who has extras or buy them off of someone.

o ok gotcha I didn't know the date was the 21st, good to know!

I got a call from the team a few days ago trying to hawk season tickets b/c I entered the raffle thingy. Dude said the drawing is "next week" so that pretty much toes the line with the 21st. The guy I spoke to (his name escapes me) said there will be "lots" of winners. 

I got a call from the team a few days ago trying to hawk season tickets b/c I entered the raffle thingy. Dude said the drawing is "next week" so that pretty much toes the line with the 21st. The guy I spoke to (his name escapes me) said there will be "lots" of winners.

niiiice comin up in a few days!!

Shinkaruk's stock seems to be rising lately. Apparently he's a really talented goal scorer, drawing some Parise comparisons from certain people. I'm starting to think that he's our most likely guy, unless Buffalo picks him and leaves us one of the Europeans...which of course, is what I'm hoping for. I don't know, for some reason I just can't see the Devils drafting Shinkaruk, though.

Most mocks have Carolina choosing a defenseman, despite their GM hinting (or full-on stating?) that he wants to go for a forward. I still don't know why both Carolina and Edmonton are opting to add forwards when Nurse and Ristolainen both have good shots at becoming franchise defensemen, which is exactly what they need (lol Schultz).

As a Sabres fan I would be very happy if they took Shinkaruk, as he can play LW and given that the Sabres took 2 Centers in last year's draft, not sure if i see the Sabres going Center again this season. 

Now given that the Sabres have picks 8 and 16 I do wonder if the Sabres will try to move up, if there is ever a draft to do this, this would be the one.  Would absolutely love to see Buffalo go up and get Drouin, but I don't see the Top 3 budging unless they are blown away with an offer.

I don't get why Seth Jones is seen as the clear #1: NHL.com talks about Storylines...if GM's base their pick, especially a #1 overall pick, off of a storyline, that GM will be unemployed quick. To me MacKinnon is the logical pick for Colorado, with a team with a lot of needs, I wouldn't take a defenseman #1 overall.

Also a big fan of Ristolainen, but I am not sure if I see the Devils taking 2 defenseman in the Top 10 over the last 3 seasons (Larsson)...so Lindholm would be a sweet pick at 9 IMO.

I just looked on my devils account about an hour ago and I found 8 tickets...I tried to print them but the button didn't work.

I just logged back on and it shows I only have 4 tickets, anyone else check yet?

I checked. It says I have 4. I had requested 4 additional, so I'm not sure if they gave me just 2, or they haven't put our season ticket ones in yet. (I have 2 seats on my season tix).

As a Sabres fan I would be very happy if they took Shinkaruk, as he can play LW and given that the Sabres took 2 Centers in last year's draft, not sure if i see the Sabres going Center again this season. 

Now given that the Sabres have picks 8 and 16 I do wonder if the Sabres will try to move up, if there is ever a draft to do this, this would be the one.  Would absolutely love to see Buffalo go up and get Drouin, but I don't see the Top 3 budging unless they are blown away with an offer.

I don't get why Seth Jones is seen as the clear #1: NHL.com talks about Storylines...if GM's base their pick, especially a #1 overall pick, off of a storyline, that GM will be unemployed quick. To me MacKinnon is the logical pick for Colorado, with a team with a lot of needs, I wouldn't take a defenseman #1 overall.

Also a big fan of Ristolainen, but I am not sure if I see the Devils taking 2 defenseman in the Top 10 over the last 3 seasons (Larsson)...so Lindholm would be a sweet pick at 9 IMO.

Colorado has three solid centermen - Duchene, O'Reilly, and Stastny.  They're lacking pretty much everything else, especially blueline mobility/puck skill - they've got Tyson Barrie and that's about it in that department.  I don't think them picking Jones would have anything to do with the fact that he spent time in Colorado as a boy.

I checked. It says I have 4. I had requested 4 additional, so I'm not sure if they gave me just 2, or they haven't put our season ticket ones in yet. (I have 2 seats on my season tix).

I requested 6 additional on top of the 2 that come with the sth account, but I don't know why the other 4 disappeared from my account...

Colorado has three solid centermen - Duchene, O'Reilly, and Stastny.  They're lacking pretty much everything else, especially blueline mobility/puck skill - they've got Tyson Barrie and that's about it in that department.  I don't think them picking Jones would have anything to do with the fact that he spent time in Colorado as a boy.

Seems like Drouin might be the best combo of safe/fit for them and Pronman has him rated higher than Jones/MacKinnon. Doesn't seem to be metnioned for #1 much though

Do you see Buffalo definitely going with a forward with the #8? I'm not really sure what makes most sense for them. 16 might miss Zadorov, Nurse, and Ristolainen (although it's probably pretty unlikely) and they're going to need some defense for the future, I think. Who do Sabres fans generally see the team getting with the 8th pick?

As far as Jones goes, what storyline are you referring to? Is it the fact that he grew up in Colorado? I recall him being ranked at #1 before Colorado was set to draft first. It seems MacKinnon was the main guy in this draft class until the world juniors, where Jones supposedly really distinguished himself. 

Four draft tickets were posted to my account.

I requested an additional four not including my original two.

I'm happy with what I got.

Are the tix in our accounts the extras? I got 4 as well and don't want to promise them to 4 people if I'll need 2 of those for my gf and I

Are the tix in our accounts the extras? I got 4 as well and don't want to promise them to 4 people if I'll need 2 of those for my gf and I

Hmmmmm I'm not sure. I thought since i had four seats posted to my account i got the two i was entitled to and two extras. But didn't the Devils say we were going to get commentrative stubs or something like that? I automatically assumed they would need to picked up at will call.

Yep....just checked and the email said we would receive "Souviner Draft Tickets" so I think the extras may be the ones posted in our account but I'm still not sure.

Edited by GoArmySports

If you have 4 tickets in your season ticket holder account, 2 of them are your "guaranteed" season ticket holder tickets, and 2 of them are your extras.

The commemorative season ticket holder stubs aren't going to be actual tickets to get in; they're just souvenir tickets you pick up inside.

Edited by JWomp

Yea. I'm hoping for Nichuskin as well, I think we're going to have to trade up to have a shot at him though. Out of all the buzz. he's got the most right now. If Carolina stays at 5, I'm thinking they're going to take him.